Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware update

Varialogue1

We all predicted it but it's still disappointing that the Helix has become the centre of the earth, the Firmware updates are coming thick and fast and its little brother ignored. The latest one adds new effects and a Matchless amp. I love my Firehawk but would it would be too much to ask for at least one Line 6 employee to be taken off the Helix bandwagon to see if there is anything that can be done for us lot? A new amp would be nice but I'd even settle for a longer looper. I'm just looking a small scrap from Helix's table which is as bountiful as a Henry VIII engagement party. Or is my poor wee Firehawk as pimped as it will ever be? Is the real truth that Line 6 don't even look at the Firehawk ideascale monitor anymore? Discuss

Silverhead, a response with spirit and enough to distract me for a few minutes. So the answer to my question as to whether there are any plans to provide Firehawkers with a few treats in the future is a resounding 'no...but be reassured that there are new products we are focused on if you want to shell out for them'

I don't know Line 6's plans any more/better than you do. Only Line 6 can answer your question, and they're not in the habit of answering such questions.

But feel free to infer whatever you like from the fact that they've just released a new Firehawk product. If that means no pending updates to you, so be it.

Silverhead, not getting at you pal. You're good enough to do your best to keep us updated and you answered my post in a flash. Just a bit grumpy tonight because they are all going crazy with their new stuff over on planet Helix. I take your point about a new Firehawk product. It means we haven't been killed off!

We all predicted it but it's still disappointing that the Helix has become the centre of the earth, the Firmware updates are coming thick and fast and its little brother ignored.

In the Helix section the bug report thread is seven pages long. I would expect L6 to focus on sorting their flagship out before anything else.

The Android Firehawk app has just been updated with a few fixes, so were not forgotten just yet.

I'm really pleased to see the firehawk 1500, I won't be getting one anytime soon as I only recently got an Lt3 speaker but for me this means that the firehawk will indeed get more updates, I mean it's just a firehawk grafted onto a powered speaker , it might even take the same updates, also judging by the general response, a lot of people will be picking one up which means a bigger customer Base that makes more firehawk updates even more worthwhile.

It's a seriously cool bit of kit especially as you can run other modellers into it and have 1500 watts to play with.

• Upvote 2

and they announced an amplifi 30, so I think they recognize high, mid, and low end products with similar feature sets.  I have an amplifi 75 I use at home... that amplifi 30 would be great as a composer amp, but the amplifis have an annoying bug working with the firehawk as the power-on preset is heavy distortion, and of course you want your firehawk fx to determine the effects.  If you try to change amplifi power-on default preset, it corrupts the flash and you have to do a factory reset. 

So they have a lot of work to do with the three families but they all hold great promise.

Things like this always annoy me! Years ago i bought a pod x3 The line 6 rep was in the shop at the time i was testing and convinced me to get it. He failed to say that only 4 days later they were announcing the pod hd series and maybe i should hold off for a week. Line 6 are bound to concentrate on the helix, but surely at the price difference with the firehawk, i bet more people own the firehawk!

To download tones from the cloud you need to:

- run the Firehawk app on a mobile device that has an Internet connection

- login to your Line 6 account in the app

- pair the mobile device with Firehawk device using Bluetooth

- use the search feature in the Tones section of the app

- audition the matching tones and tweak as desired

- save any tones you want to keep to My Tones, and/or load them into your Firehawk using the Save to Hardware feature of the app

• 7 months later...

I would really like to be able to turn the EQ module on and off via a footswitch on the Firehawk FX. That seems like a super easy thing for them to implement in a new version of the firmware. Of course, I would like to see other new options as well, but a footswitchable EQ is at the top of the charts for me personally...just my 2 cents.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

My Firehawk Fx had Firmware 1.01.00.  I went to update via USB and could not get it to take.  I tried to update via the APP...It got about 10% completed, and stopped...guessing Bluetooth connection.  I get a fail code and all 4 channel buttons blink red.  I am at a loss.  Thinking real hard about shipping this back to Sweetwater.  For a device that's supposed to be so easy...it's been nothing but a pain in the lollipop.  I just purchased this in the middle of September...I couldn't use the app because the firmware was out of date (per the message on the app) and because it's the initial firmware, I couldn't manually edit.  I have a $350 boat anchor at this point.  Not real happy.

• 1 month later...

My Firehawk Fx had Firmware 1.01.00. I went to update via USB and could not get it to take. I tried to update via the APP...It got about 10% completed, and stopped...guessing Bluetooth connection. I get a fail code and all 4 channel buttons blink red. I am at a loss. Thinking real hard about shipping this back to Sweetwater. For a device that's supposed to be so easy...it's been nothing but a pain in the lollipop. I just purchased this in the middle of September...I couldn't use the app because the firmware was out of date (per the message on the app) and because it's the initial firmware, I couldn't manually edit. I have a $350 boat anchor at this point. Not real happy.

Any luck? When I used the desktop software to update the pedal via USB it took with no problem. Try using the firmware updater by line 6.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Anyone know why the Firehawk app does not have the functionality that the amplifi app does! I mean when I go into the music option on amplifi I get 2 options 1) to play music and 2) to play jam tracks. The Firehawk app does have the jam tracks part. These if you don't know cover a list such as Blues, Metal Rock etc and then from that option you get a number of tracks to select from and corresponding list of applicable tones. 

Would be nice if Line 6 included this with the Firehawk! 

Or is this wishful thinking that they would spend anytime updating things for us Firehawk FX users. Only got mine this week and missing some of the amplifi extras!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...