Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Way to set default amp?

noemiu

I recently got AMPLIFi 150 and am loving it.

However, the default amp I am always getting after I switch the thing on is always something that I don't like. I mostly use 'Tube preamp' or 'No amp', because I am using it with a bass and running a DI box into AMPLIFi.

The only way to change the amp settings that I know is through the iPhone app. Tried saving a manual tone in one of the user slots, but it takes forever to switch through ALL of the presets that go in front of it if I am not using the app.

I wonder if there is a way to set the default amp and tone, so that AMPLIFi will always choose it when switching on?

That's weird.

Try saving something to bank B and power cycle the amp and see if it sticks.

If it does then try saving to th eother banks saving to A last.

I seem to remeber another user saying his AMPLIFi would glitch if he save to A first, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Just tried again. Here is the result:

— If I just save to A, it breaks every time.

— If I save to B first and then other tones including A in any order, it breaks.

— If I save to D, then to C, then to B, then to A, it doesn't break!!!

So it works after all, but all combination except last are just breaking the amp.

Thanks for the advice!

• Upvote 1

I tried saving to user and sliding to bank 1, but as soon as I put something in 1A it is a guaranteed fail on the next start-up.

At least in the reverse order it worked.

There is a known bug that you cannot change bank 1 presets and it SUCKS.  You have to do a factory reset (you don't have to replace the firmware, just boot holding down volume and tone buttons) to recover the corrupted flash. Like many of you I run firehawk effects to my amp, and prefer the amp to be dumb and clean so changing the default is desired.

Call line 6 to make sure they know you have this problem.  

-d