Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500 MP3/CD line in for my drum machine help........

SMOOVEONE

Hello,

Just got a POD HD 500 off ebay and working my way through it. Downloading tones and saving them with just a little trouble here and there.I have a Boss DR 550 MK II Dr. Rhythm that I have hooked up to the MP3/CD line in on my POD. I cannot get any sound. My question is, is there any specific setting I have to have setup to be able to get this to work? The most I've found is just plug it in and go.

All I want to do is play along with it.

Thanks for any guidance

Smoove 

Hello,

Just got a POD HD 500 off ebay and working my way through it. Downloading tones and saving them with just a little trouble here and there.I have a Boss DR 550 MK II Dr. Rhythm that I have hooked up to the MP3/CD line in on my POD. I cannot get any sound. My question is, is there any specific setting I have to have setup to be able to get this to work? The most I've found is just plug it in and go.

All I want to do is play along with it.

Thanks for any guidance

Smoove 

Run it into the FX Return of the Pod and you'll have control of mixing it with your guitar. Works great for me with my Beat Buddy.

I usually put the FX Loop at the end of my chain. If you put an EQ after the FX Loop you can adjust your drum freq's.

Edited by Brazzy
  • Upvote 1

Do you hear the Boss device using headphones with the HD500?

A couple of things to note:

- the cd/mp3 input is passed directly to the HD500 analog outputs; it does not undergo conversion to digital format hence it is not available as an input to HD500 input processsing, nor is it available at the HD500 digital outputs (e.g. s/pdif or L6 Link).

- you have to control the cd/mp3 volume using the external device - there is no volume control in the HD500 for it.

It should be as simple as you think. Connect the external device and turn up its volume. If you can't hear it using the HD500 headphones output then something is broken with the HD500 internal circuitry (assuming your external equipment works properly - cables, jacks. Have you double-checked these?).

• Upvote 1

Ok I have not tried the headphone trick or the FX return. Thanks for the advice and I will give it a go tonight after work. Hope to report back with success.

It is a used unit but absolutely without a blemish so I hope its nothing internal. Thanks again

BTW I am hooked up using L6 Link

Ok I have not tried the headphone trick or the FX return. Thanks for the advice and I will give it a go tonight after work. Hope to report back with success.

It is a used unit but absolutely without a blemish so I hope its nothing internal. Thanks again

BTW I am hooked up using L6 Link

Yeah its a DT 50/25 head with a line 6 slant 4x12 cab

Oh I forgot to tell you that if you plug the drum machine into the DT50's FX return it should sound great. I do this with my Beat Buddy with stereo amps (DT50 & Peavey Valveking II 20 MH) with excellent results. Just another way to use the FX Loop on the amps. My routing would be guitar in HD500 guitar input, Pods 1/4" analog out into Beat Buddy and Beat Buddy out into the FX return of the DT. Or Just go into the DT's preamp with the guitar and use the Beat Buddy going into the Amps FX Return.

Thanks for the direction guys. I went straight into my FX in on my DT and bam! Got drums :)

So decided to try the plug on my iPhone by playing you tube backing tracks and it plays that too! Awesome! I gotta stop at some point because 0330am comes quick for work but this is awesome! Lol

• Upvote 1