Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Removing rubber feet?

cacibi

Can the rubber feet on the bottom of the Helix be safely removed by unscrewing them, removing the feet - then replacing the screws?

Are there any interior components that are secured by the same screws?

I would like to mount my Helix to a Novo 32 Pedaltrain but need to get those rubber feet off to mount it properly.

I will place is so the vent is not blocked  :)

cacibi,

I removed the 4 screws holding the rubber feet in the corners and replaced them with 4 metric screws the same size, but longer -- long enough to allow me to attached to 1/2" clear pine cleats to the bottom of the Helix (with washers). The cleats are colored flat black so they disappear. I then set everything into a pedalboard roadcase with a lift off top (see attached photo). There are wood screws with trim washers that reach up from underneath the roadcase and hold the cleats to the roadcase. 

If you're wondering about the Radial stereo direct box, although the XLR outs on the Helix work fine in some local active monitors I use at home, I'm getting some noise when I run them into the FOH console at one of the venues I play every week (BTW, it's not related to the 'ground lift'; it's not the typical 'ground noise'; the position of the Helix ground lift switch for the XLR outs doesn't make a difference). I found that taking the 1/4" outputs from the Helix into the Radial gives me a clean signal to this particular FOH console.

Hope this helps!  :)

post-5808-0-21252900-1453511585_thumb.jpg

cacibi,

I removed the 4 screws holding the rubber feet in the corners and replaced them with 4 metric screws the same size, but longer -- long enough to allow me to attached to 1/2" clear pine cleats to the bottom of the Helix (with washers). The cleats are colored flat black so they disappear. I then set everything into a pedalboard roadcase with a lift off top (see attached photo). There are wood screws with trim washers that reach up from underneath the roadcase and hold the cleats to the roadcase. 

If you're wondering about the Radial stereo direct box, although the XLR outs on the Helix work fine in some local active monitors I use at home, I'm getting some noise when I run them into the FOH console at one of the venues I play every week (BTW, it's not related to the 'ground lift'; it's not the typical 'ground noise'; the position of the Helix ground lift switch for the XLR outs doesn't make a difference). I found that taking the 1/4" outputs from the Helix into the Radial gives me a clean signal to this particular FOH console.

Sounds like the problem that some people describe when sending 48V to the Helix' XLR outs... 

If you have the option to turn the Phantom Power off on those channels, I would give it a try... 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

cacibi,

Do you know what the screw/thread size was on those?

Well it's certainly more to the point than the 'worshipping' baloney I see so often in this forum and elsewhere ;-)

This comment "uncalled for"... If I made a similar comment about other genres of music, I'd never hear the end of it... It might surprise you to know that most of the folks playing that particular genre also cover other genres (e.g., rock, country, emo, speed metal, etc.).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1