Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20D setup/scene recall

Hey, guys.

Quick question - when I recall a scene or setup, the display not only shows the channels I've saved but also assigns mics and di inputs to anything else I have plugged in, so say I''ve saved a scene or a setup for a gig where both a full band and an acoustic duo are playing, if I recall the scene for the duo, their stage layout becomes festooned with additional icons which I then have to delete. Is there any way I can recall scenes/setups with only the inputs I last saved showing?

I'm afraid the simple answer is No, you can't do what you want.

I don't think you can turn off the auto-sensing of a connected input. So the band's icons will be visible, as you describe, when the duo is playing, and vice-versa. This is true even if you use different M20d Setups for the two situations. In order to have a clean stage for each you would have to use different Setups and physically disconnect the unnecessary cables when you switch. That's more trouble than what you're already doing in temporarily deleting the icons.

Is it possible to organize your layout by minimizing the size of the icons and positioning the band in one area of the stage and the duo in another? I expect you've already tried that to reduce the clutter and confusion.

See corrected post below.

You can't do that using Scenes, but have you tried using different M20d Setups for the band and the duo? When saving the setups, disconnect the unwanted inputs for the setup. After the two setups are saved you can reconnect all the inputs for both situations.

On my M20d when I recall a saved Setup the stage only shows the inputs/channels that were saved. If there is a physical input connection to an undefined/unsaved channel it is ignored - there is no dummy mic/DI input shown for it on the stage. (Well, it's not quite ignored. The Input Strip shows a physical connection but no stage icon is created/displayed for it)

I think that's what you want?

• Upvote 1

DItto silverhead's response.

So long as you load a saved setup over the already plugged in input, the "extras" that maight be plugged would be ignored. Unplugging them/plugging them back in would, however, cause them to reappear on the stage.