Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mesa Mark Series

jimwelniak

Could we please get ANY Mesa Mark series amp?  I still don't get why this has been overlooked and some more obscure amps have been modeled.  

Thank you!

My only guess is that we get the amps that the guys doing the modeling have access to?  Some cool amps for sure...but yeah, Bogner Ecstasy...Mesa MK series and more amps with all the channels (like the Marshall TSL for example, or the Ecstasy all 3 channels).

​The amps that are in Helix now are plenty for most people. And I'm sure that the guys at Line 6 are overwhelmed by everyone's requests. But it does seem like they picked some "meh" amps (in terms of demand) and skipped over some "WOW" amps that people would love to have their hands on.

Right now I think line 6 is working on bug fixes but I really look forward to the day the glitches are out of the way and I can stop feeling like a $1500 beta tester. And enjoy 3 channels of the mark 4 with all modes......that would be the best day ever!!!!

In reading this thread I don't see anyone mentioning Ideascale. That's the only place where you can influence Line 6. Talking about it here may be interesting but it's not meaningful.

Is this suggestion already on Ideascale? If so, post the link so others can vote for it. If not, then someone make the suggestion and post the link.

• Upvote 1

+1 for idea scale submissions. 

Also, since it takes so long to model the amps, be specific and only enter one idea scale per specific amp!  An Ideascale ticket that says "more mesa amps, including triple rec, Maverick, Lodestar Special, etc" will never get implemented. 

Of note, I did some A/B testing with my Mark V's Lead channel's Extreme mode and was THRILLED that the Helix's Recto Preamp model totally nailed it, at least with my preferred settings on the Boogie.  I use the contour know instead of the 5 band EQ though.  For folks that use the Mark Series' 5 band EQ I don't think they'd be as pleased though.   

Will add to Ideascale, but.. It would also be great to see some sort of option to drop wattage.. i.e. Mark V:25 from 25 > 10.  I know it takes out some bottom end and could ultimately be replicated via simple EQ but the idea seems interesting.

Also, since it takes so long to model the amps, be specific and only enter one idea scale per specific amp! An Ideascale ticket that says "more mesa amps, including triple rec, Maverick, Lodestar Special, etc" will never get implemented.

When it comes to people posting a general wish list of unrelated items in Ideascale I would agree with you. Listing only one amp or effect may make it easier for L6 to see what is most compelling, but I have noticed that extremely specific requests for your one favorite amp or effect often get less votes on Ideascale. More general requests within a specific category can appeal to more users and frequently get more votes, for instance, "I would like to see more amps from this manufacturer (insert favorite here, Fender, Mesa Boogie, Marshall, etc.)". The same goes for FX, such as a list of suggested phasers or overdrive pedals. The exception is when you happen to list a single item that has unusually broad appeal, those ideas can garner a lot of votes. I am not sure what formula L6 uses to decide what Ideascale ideas to pick but if it is strictly related to the number of votes, being very specific could work against you in some cases.

You may have a better chance to get a "Mark IV" model with say 300 votes for "more Mesa Boogie amps" than if there were only 40 votes for "Mark IV". Having both ideas probably increases your chances with sheer numbers and allows L6 to drill down from the general to the more specific, e.g. "Lots of people would like to see more Mesa amps and the Mark IV seems to be the most popular". At that point L6 may just to decide to include a couple of more Mesa amps including the Mark IV. There is also the issue of voter fatigue, a separate entry for every amp and effect model is a lot of ideas for any individual to weigh in on. Seems like both the single requests and more general requests have their merits in helping L6 determine what users want first and most.