Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Problems HELP

I'm having issues with Podfarm after updating to El Capitan.

I plug my UX1 into my mac and i get the green light (which says its connected and supported.) 
However nothing appears in my system preferences audio inputs and when i open Podfarm it says it isn't connected (No sound either.)

So i go to update my drivers and after i'm finished updated, before i restart, i get an error message telling me the CDSDAudiocapturesupport.kext can't be used or something.

I've heard Roxio's products can affect this but after removing them i'm still having the issue, no sound, no input and when i restart the drivers say they HAVEN'T updated.

Someone please, help, what can i do?!
I run a small studio from home and we were meant to be recording tonight but instead i've spent tonight trying to fix this issue.

Any ideas?

• Upvote 2

Same issue here, 10.11.4 beta. No error messages but the UX1 isn't detected in OSX sound preferences nor by the firmware updater in Monkey:

tF8OAnL.png

Driver install leads to (lengthly) restart, without any install taking place. Same with manual driver uninstall/install. Beware the next OSX update!

• Upvote 1

Hey guys!

I "fixed" this issue by going into the app store and downloading the 10.11.3 update then following the install instructions.. It took a good few hours and it was really scary but i just waited it out and when i switched my macbook back on everything was pretty much in working order.

Line 6 Monkey still said the firmware was unknown and wouldn't let me update BUT podfarm works and my UX1 connects and is recognised.

Make sure to back up everything in advance and remember, NEVER install a beta update by apple. 

Hey guys!

I "fixed" this issue by going into the app store and downloading the 10.11.3 update then following the install instructions.. It took a good few hours and it was really scary but i just waited it out and when i switched my macbook back on everything was pretty much in working order.

Line 6 Monkey still said the firmware was unknown and wouldn't let me update BUT podfarm works and my UX1 connects and is recognised.

Make sure to back up everything in advance and remember, NEVER install a beta update by apple.

Sweet, thanks for sharing. The beta thing is a bit ironic since I only signed up to fix an issue caused by the original El Capitan upgrade. Can't win sometimes :/

• Upvote 1

Beta 2 is the one I'd installed when I first noticed the problem.

The new OS X 10.11.4 Beta 2 is out. Did it help anyone?  No driver change for me.  I haven't had a chance to plug in my POD HD500 so I can't confirm or deny a fix.

Let me know if you find a better solution than "reinstall 10.11.3"

After tons of web trolling I found a work-around to the OS X 10.11.4 driver loading problem.

The short answer is you need to disable system protection which blocks unsigned drivers.  The following link describes how to make the change.  Sorry I closed the link which pointed me to this solution and I can't find it.  But the following directions work.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2986118/security/how-to-modify-system-integrity-protection-in-el-capitan.html

Quick list of steps

1. Open the "Terminal Application" - then type > csrutil status

> csrutil status

System Integrity Protection status: enabled.

Now Disable Protection

2. Shutdown/turn off your system

3. Restart your system - while holding down the CMD+R (Command and R keys).  Release once the system starts loading.  

This will boot your system into recovery.

4. Open terminal from the menu - ignore the recovery options in the foreground.  

5. From the terminal window type

> csrutil status

> csrutil disable

6. Reboot the system and reinstall the Line6 drivers from LIne6 Monkey. 

To restore the system back to its original state follow step 5 again from recovery and type 'enable'.

> csrutil enable

I had the same problem as listed above; when loading Monkey, the dialog showed that the drivers, firmware, and usb were not updated and my POD  HD 300 would not connect. I ran the terminal csrutil routine, rebooted my macbookpro, open Monkey 1.71 and everything showed installed with the green check mark. I then open HD Edit and it loaded right up. I, too, am running El Capitan Beta--because I am a tester for Apple.

The "hack" works perfectly. Just don't forget to turn csrutil back on {enable] unless you want to leave your system vulnerable.