Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FIREHAWK FX as foot controller for FIREHAWK 1500?

BobbyBlue27

Does anybody know if you can use the FIREHAWK FX as a foot controller for the FIREHAWK 1500? I really don't want to drop an additional $250 for a foot switch when I just dropped $400 on the FX and am considering getting the 1500. In transparency, I'm hoping to use the 1500 just for amp models (not the stomps) and plug my regular pedalboard into the front of it but I want to be able to change amp models/channels on the fly. I really wasn't big on using the 4 cable method w th firehawk and a traditional amp. Too many cables and hassle. THANKS

Thanks for the reply Phil_M. Line 6 really is innovative...they are the first company to sell a multi channel (essentially) amp without a foot switch. As much as I love the products that this company puts out they frustrate me. I bought the FIREHAWK FX and a few months later they release Helix! Which appears to be 100x better than the FIREHAWK. Now this 1500, which looks awesome, is not integrated w the FX and you have to shell out the additional $250 in order to make this amp more than one channel. Not cool. I own a DL4, an M9, a JTV-69 and a FIREHAWK FX so I'm a fan of the products but I think they are starting to take advantage of there customer base here.

Yeah, this would be cool, I love the 1500 as a concept, but I already have the FHFX, so how about an equivalent amp/cabinet without the firehawk circuitry built in, for those who want the fhfx to do the work?

(I think the fbv3 is lacking for missing the big red button, I use it a lot to change volumes during a set, depending on whether or not I have any lead bits in a song)

A Stagesource speaker in Electric Guitar mode.

Really isn't the same thing at all - aesthetically it's a PA speaker, and tonally its positioned quite differently to the 6-speaker 1500w FH1500... A great monitor it may be, but a great amp? Never.

• Downvote 1

I'm not sure why you'd shell out $450 for a FHFX just to use it as a foot controller for the FH 1500 amp. Redundant! And the StageSource sounds like another PA speaker. Why not just make a really great FR powered speaker that looks and feels like an amp when matched with the product you just sold us!! Really frustrating. I'm basically using my nice sounding Fender amp as a powered speaker for the FH connected by 4CM. So far so good. Any thoughts for live gigs where a PA is not an option?

Jim

But isn't it a bit redundant to have both? Most of us previously bought the FHFX. Why would you also get the 1500 which essentially does the same thing? In my case, I do use the 4CM but I'm not always using my amp's preamp. That only happens in one patch where I use no amp on the FH and turn on the fx block which engages my amp. In all other patches I'm choosing the modeled amps etc. sounds good too!

Yeah it's totally redundant to have both , that's exactly what you'd have if it did work as a floor controller, you'd have a pretty expensive piece of gear sitting on the floor to just change patches

That's why I said the workaround is just to trade in the older firehawk if you want the new one with the amp

I'd definitely be interested in hearing how the stereo separation works on stage

But my biggest gripe with modellers is having to create the same patch twice , one for live use and one for recording direct, they never sound the same and always require tweaking and I don't see this changing anything

I mean it might sound awesome on stage but if you take your feed to the pa from the xlr left and right it will probably sound totally different to the amp on stage due to the different speaker configuration

I'm curious what other people are doing about the output of their stage sound live. I would love to hear some feedback on this stagesource. One person says it is not the same thing as using an amp. I don't see using an amp and PA output simultaneously unless your playing in an arena or something. I play small gigs and even a PA would blow out the rest of the band [not to mention the competition with the voices].

Jim

Yup pissed off at Line 6. Just bought the Firehawk and now this new 1500 seems to be a Firehawk with a speaker. Much better to buy an amp with good clean tone and let the Firehawk do its magic. Looking at the Roland Stage at the moment. (Lost sale Line 6 ?) What with the Helix episode and now the 1500, I fear I will be moving away from Line 6 in the future. I bought the Amplifi 150 (Not loud enough for most gigs) and then found I needed a short board to access more than four tones. I bought the Mark 1 which worked for a while and then bombed. Would Line 6 please consider the implications of product interaction in future otherwise I'm off to another brand. This lot would seem to be Market Traders in another life?.

P.s. I've been a valve man all my life and have a couple of Marshalls however I believe the digital products are now getting mighty close in terms of tone. Advantages for me; weight and continuity, so lost opportunity LIne 6.

What's the beef with the 1500? I think it's a good thing that companies are always pushing to make something better or more accessible

I knew the amplifi needed a floor controller and at release you couldn't record through the USB so I didn't buy one , just a quick look at the website told me everything I needed to know, it's not like they falsely advertised it or anything

• 4 weeks later...

yea, I'm rehashing this post.....

a Firehawk 1500 that's just an amp would be stupendous!  I'm in the market for a bigger system to stand in front of.  I've considered a Mustang 5 half stack and the local MusicGoRound has the Spider 150HD + cabinet for about $460.  I want more bass in the guitar.  Deeper, badder sound.  My Mustang 3 will get plenty loud and sounds great mic'd, but I want to be a bit bigger on stage.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem as some of you above. I got a firehawk fx for Christmas and then got a new amp a blackstar ht club 40 not long after and I'm having to use the 4 cable method to make it all sound good. This method is a ball ache if you need to assemble and disassemble often and means carrying a lot of extra leads about. For the price of the firehawk fx and the blackstar I could have got the 1500 and then added the foot controller later. I was very disappointed when I heard about the release of this amp as I could have saved a lot of time and money just waiting and getting this. Like others I'd quite like a 1500 that I could plug my firehawk directly into with one lead and use the fhfx as the controller.

I have the FHFX and was pretty happy to see the FH 1500 available. Not so excited about the price with the price including the controller though. I picked up a Stagesource L2t and couldn't be happier. It has sounded great on gigs(electric and acoustic), it is extremely versatile(PA) and will eventually pick up a second one for stereo. Wished L6 link was available with the FH but It'll do. I think people may be selling the L2/L3 short in this conversation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/29/2016 at 10:32 AM, mcbeddall said:

Yeah it's totally redundant to have both , that's exactly what you'd have if it did work as a floor controller, you'd have a pretty expensive piece of gear sitting on the floor to just change patches

That's why I said the workaround is just to trade in the older firehawk if you want the new one with the amp

I'd definitely be interested in hearing how the stereo separation works on stage

But my biggest gripe with modellers is having to create the same patch twice , one for live use and one for recording direct, they never sound the same and always require tweaking and I don't see this changing anything

I mean it might sound awesome on stage but if you take your feed to the pa from the xlr left and right it will probably sound totally different to the amp on stage due to the different speaker configuration

its amazing,ive  got the 1500, just wating for the fbv3, im also running my hx stomp though it as well,jeez its loud as hell but sweet as well