Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I delete a single custom preset?

inveigle

It does seem odd. It's one of those things you take for granted and expect to work and when it's not there, you stumble over it. I've done it too. The HD Editor didn't have this either, so I wouldn't expect the Helix editor to have a simple delete to defaults option either.

• 8 months later...

Can someone point out where the "Clear All Blocks" button is located on the PC editor? All I can see is the "Clear Block" option.

I don't think it would be wise to simply hit the "Delete Key" on your (PC editor) to delete the entire patch until there is an UNDO / REDO button added on the Editor page. Otherwise you could delete a patch & then get really pissed when you learn you've just deleted a Patch by the flick of your "Fickle Finger". Yikes! That would be awful if you spent hours creating a masterpiece!

If Line 6 were to ad a "Delete Patch" then I think it should become part of the current option menu that opens when you (right click & are presented with) "Copy, Paste, Import, Export, Rename" a patch. A delete function on the drop down list followed by "Are you sure?" would help but I still think as a safety precaution an UNDO / REDO button would help incase you really messed up.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Cheers

I find it useful to create some starter template blanks I can copy and have a clean slate to work with. That way you have some basic things you use without starting over every time. Clearing all blocks is easy enough but many times I want to keep certain effects I use and their settings. What I would like is a way to change the default settings on effects and amps etc to what the user would set them rather than the factory defaults many if which are OK but the amps in particular I have to really mess with. Be nice to be able to store your own defaults for various amps. 

why delete it at all?  seems pointless to me.

If you want that patch location for another sound then overwrite it...if not just leave it there.

Well, for me, things can get really, really messy unless I occasionally overwrite the junk with something that tells me, at a glance, a preset is empty.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

How do you delete the colour of a wall?

It always has some specific colour. You can repaint it to make it 'neutral' (whatever that means to you). Similarly, you can overwrite a preset to make it 'empty' (whatever that means to you).

Good point silverhead.

I figured out way to do it!, well this puts it back to "new preset" as if you deleted it and it's back to new as you never changed it.  Just copy a "new preset" and paste it on a preset you want to delete.  I know to some of you it seems silly but it helps me clean up my set list so I don't get confused...with presets I don't like or want to use.  When your on stage playing out you need to think fast and I only want to see what I can use.

• Like 3

Compared to the user expectations for file management in current day applications running on a current computer, the existing Helix Editor program sure leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think I am alone in expecting that the forthcoming overhauled Helix Editor will be more contemporary. We'll know once it's released.

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, FrankEngel1965 said:

Good point silverhead.

I figured out way to do it!, well this puts it back to "new preset" as if you deleted it and it's back to new as you never changed it.  Just copy a "new preset" and paste it on a preset you want to delete.  I know to some of you it seems silly but it helps me clean up my set list so I don't get confused...with presets I don't like or want to use.  When your on stage playing out you need to think fast and I only want to see what I can use.

Thanks for the heads up what a PIA - crazy you cant just delete them or at least have a reset for user presets - hope they can come up with a faster solution - I like to start fresh if I want as it gets confusing with IR'S from purchased presets