Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch creation on PODHD for DT50

nathan217

Hi there-

So the wayI have it set up right now, if I create an amp for channel A, then Channel B turns on when I bypass channel A. However, when I save a patch, the states for channel B are not stored (topology, class, pentotde/triode). Is there a better way to create a patch?

The POD only controls Channel A of the DT amps. As you said, bypassing engages Channel B of the DT. No way I know of to save settings for CHannel B on DT in the POD.

You can control all the settings of Channel B of the DT via MIDI, but you would need software (like MIDIDesigner or others) to recall specific "patch" settings like volumes and EQs. The amp, cab, reverb type, topology, class, pentotde/triode settings will remain the way you set them with MIDI when you turn your DT back on until you change them.

I hope I didn't say that in too confusing a way.

​I should have mentioned that you can use the POD's MIDI capabilities to control DT parameters, but unless you want the default settings for various amps, you will be doing a bit of tap dancing.

Edited by CipherHost

• 1 month later...

The POD only controls Channel A of the DT amps. As you said, bypassing engages Channel B of the DT. No way I know of to save settings for CHannel B on DT in the POD.

You can control all the settings of Channel B of the DT via MIDI, but you would need software (like MIDIDesigner or others) to recall specific "patch" settings like volumes and EQs. The amp, cab, reverb type, topology, class, pentotde/triode settings will remain the way you set them with MIDI when you turn your DT back on until you change them.

I hope I didn't say that in too confusing a way.

​I should have mentioned that you can use the POD's MIDI capabilities to control DT parameters, but unless you want the default settings for various amps, you will be doing a bit of tap dancing.

So then is there a way to set up two amps in one patch and AB them without switching to Channel B?

So then is there a way to set up two amps in one patch and AB them without switching to Channel B?

Sure. You can assign a single foot switch to turn one amp on and the other amp off at the same time. You can also use an expression pedal to morph between the two amps. Here is a link that shows the morphing on an X3 live, but it will work the same with the HD.