Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and L2T to FOH advice

WithALoudNoise

Hey all. I just picked up an L2T which should be here in a day or two. My question is, what would you advise as the best way to use the Helix and L2T in a House of Worship setting? I am both lead guitar and lead singer. I would like to be running to FOH and also have a monitor feed coming back to the L2T from one of the FOH mixer aux sends. The system is mono, and I might possibly be sending my vocal through the Helix as well as guitar.

Would love any advice on best way to connect all this...

Thanks!

L6 link from Helix to L2t, XLR from Helix to FOH/mixer. Then using L2t side panel mixer, you can bring in two monitor mixes and balance the volumes accordingly. That should give you a good starting place, low noise, balanced connections, and enough routing control to set signals to mic or line level

Hey all. I just picked up an L2T which should be here in a day or two. My question is, what would you advise as the best way to use the Helix and L2T in a House of Worship setting? I am both lead guitar and lead singer. I would like to be running to FOH and also have a monitor feed coming back to the L2T from one of the FOH mixer aux sends. The system is mono, and I might possibly be sending my vocal through the Helix as well as guitar.

Would love any advice on best way to connect all this...

Thanks!

L6 Link from Helix to the L2t, and XLR out from Helix to FOH. You can connect the monitor from the board to one of the mixer inputs on the L2t.

Agree with phil_m, L6 link from Helix to L2t, although If your FOH mix is stereo I would run both XLRs out to the FOH board.  Also if you don't end up processing your vocal through the Helix you are going to want run a monitor aux send (XLR if possible) back to the L2t as you were planning unless you have an additional vocal monitor. If you do have an additional vocal monitor on the floor in front of you can position the L2t behind you more like a conventional guitar amp setup and just run the L6 link to the L2t for guitar. Otherwise you can mix the vocal/monitor mix from the board in with the Helix on the L2t as ColonelForbin indicated above.