Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 update failed now won't work at all!!

mattpurdy99

Just bought the Amplifi 75 today so was eager to get started with it. Unfortunately it seems to be beset with problems from the start!

1. Although I can connect my iphone 5C (using latest ios version) by bluetooth no problem, and it plays recorded music through the amp OK, I am unable to adjust or modify any of the guitar tones using the iphone. Sliders move and I can pick or change amps but it makes no difference in tone?

2. I thought I'd do the recommended update in the setting menu just in case I was missing something. Around 20 seconds into the update (using the iphone) I got a message saying 'update failed'. Since then the amp seems stuck in update mode and simply won't work at all!

I've sent a support ticket to Line 6 only to be told they may take 3 working days to respond, which isn't encouraging at all.

Anyone else had this problem(s)

Thanks

Yes, but when I install LIne 6 Updater all I get is a black screen on my PC that doesn't do anything. I've uninstalled and re-installed it twice but no joy.

Also when I plug the amp into the PC using USB I get a screen message saying 'device not recognised'.

very annoying :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The funny and ridiculous thing with this is how much time we all spend on Line 6's whopper of a failure!! Do you think there are entire blogs and thousands of forum complaints from people just plugging into a Marshall or Fender Deluxe or a Peavy straight out of the box!! What an incredible marketing scam Line 6 has been able to pull off!

I was able to update using a USB hub, something the company claims they do not support!! Go figure! Haha

Jim

• 7 months later...

lollipoping useless.. thank god I rented it.

VOX kicks there lollipop at modelling and at least I am not stuck looking at forum threads.. a non software company that makes software to model guitar amps apparently.

simple guys, beta test your pc app before putting out there.

• 1 month later...

my 75 is dead powers on it shows c led flashing...... faint  blue tooth led.....no lights on floorboard... will not reset will not be recognized  by computer cant hook to it via blue tooth ....already updated it last year just turned it on today to play and this is what state its in....any ideas im not in a panic yet but not far off

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this will help any but I also had trouble updating my Amplifi 75 via the updater on my PC with Windows 10.   I finally hooked up to a USB port on the backside of my computer and the update worked.  Might be worth a try.

• 3 months later...

My Amplify 75 wont power up at all. I have not applied any updates. I have used it for about 12 hours in total over the last year and yes its out of warranty.

Is there a reset? I have tried booting with volume knob and tone button pressed. No lights or noise. Just dead.

Its a very pretty useless box at the moment. Not impressed with the product at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this topic as well. Just tried updating my Amplifi 75 via iPad and gave it a few hours. Finally returned "update failed" and has been unresponsive every since.

No luck connecting to it via Mac version (on High Sierra) of Line 6 Updater either.

Tried powering up holding Tone+Tap without luck.

Also tried factory reset Master Volume + Tone. Nothing.

The A and D LEDs are lit, B is dimly lit, C is very dimly lit or off, Bluetooth LED is dim.

Cautiously optimistic that there's a solution (bought it a year ago, so well outside the 90 day warrantee), otherwise I'll just tear it apart for spare project parts. Can't let it go to waste!

• 1 year later...

I'd suggest giving Line 6 a call on the next business day. (tomorrow, as I write this...) They will connect you with a tech who will ask questions and 'walk you through' the update process.

No guarantee that this will work, though. It didn't for me - I still had to send mine in for repair, despite the fact that I had been doing everything exactly according to procedure, as was acknowledged by the tech I was talking to on the phone. He had me try it with 3 different computers, all of which were up-to-date and well within the specs that should have ensured success.

Updating these things can be an absolute nightmare. Since yours is new, it should be handled without any charges. But that doesn't compensate you for the aggravation and loss of use when you should be able to enjoy your new toy.

Good luck, my friend...

Thank you cbrillow, I am working since 25 years in electronics and I hate people who telling me how to switch on a computer or burn a rom.

You are right, the frustration is the problem. I spend my whole weekend on different devices and tried all firmware versions I found.

Not one works.

After turning off wait 5 Minutes and turn on the Amp it fells into this recovery mode (blinking)

Absolute Bad Electronics.

I found out, that I tested a floorboard 3 Years ago, with exactly the same problem. Then I thought I was because of my cheap android phone. But this is symptomatic I think.

13 minutes ago, alexkirchner said:

Thank you cbrillow, I am working since 25 years in electronics and I hate people who telling me how to switch on a computer or burn a rom.

I have a similar history, although I'm now retired. I've been playing with 'home computers' since 1976, when I build my first one. (256 bytes or ram...) Think I can handle a firmware update...

That's why I suggested giving them a call. I don't like to talk on the phone, and would rather use email support, but my experience with email support is that you can write a very thorough explanation of your problem, answering anticipated questions that they may ask of you in advance, and they still ask you if it's plugged in. It's as if they don't bother to read what you've written and you go through this stupid exercise repeatedly, telling them a step-at-a-time in response to their scripted questions, what you've already written! Maddening!!

Good luck -- hope they're able to get you up & running. If you bought yours from a local music store, I'd consider a return/replacement. Or, at minimum, have THEM pack it up and send it to California, if that's the only solution. 

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I had the very same problem.   I connected my phone to the amplifier and the BT connection worked fine (I played some music).   When I started the iPhone app, the app just froze.  I tried that several times.   Then i downloaded a new copy of the app... same problem.   Then I powered the amp down.  After that it was completely dead.   So, I tried doing a few factory resets.  No luck.  Then I downloaded the USB firmware updater to my Mac.  I ran that and the window was black.   No way to force a firmware update.  I believe the problem is that the firmware is corrupted and it cannot be reset with the normal factory reset (master volume knob and tone button pressed while powering up).

So, I'm lost.  I've submitted a request and haven't heard anything from Line 6 yet.

• 9 months later...

Was able to solve the "Black Box" Windows update via USB after a failed Iphone bluetooth upgrade.

The key step I originally missed is that there is an installer program for the updated Windows driver that you need to run.

https://line6.com/software/ -> Amplifi / Drivers / Windows 10.  Download and run this, connect amp via USB

THEN run the LIne 6 Updater program 

Update was complete in about 5 minutes

Ok guys I've just fixed my problem I've had the same as you all. Problem is that is a most racist software I've ever seen. It didn't work on my PC or laptop on win 10. But i did my update in 5 min on my MAC but to solve black screen issue you need to update drivers (just instal last version and i know that there's nothing about amplifi 75/150 in there just get the last one) so i think is just more ISO friendly software and now my 150 is up and running 

2 hours ago, Marcus84H said:

Ok guys I've just fixed my problem I've had the same as you all. Problem is that is a most racist software I've ever seen. It didn't work on my PC or laptop on win 10. But i did my update in 5 min on my MAC but to solve black screen issue you need to update drivers (just instal last version and i know that there's nothing about amplifi 75/150 in there just get the last one) so i think is just more ISO friendly software and now my 150 is up and running 

"Most racist software" you've ever seen? Not sure I even want to ask...