Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing DT50 channels with Pod HD50

jakedeloera

I've been a long time user of the HD500 and recently I've been using it with the 4 cable method and midi to control my EVH 5150 III 50W head. I just bought a DT50 head the other day and i was wondering what the best way to connect my pod to it would be if i just wanted to use it as a pedalboard in front of and in the loop of the amp as well as switching channels with it. The whole l6 link is kind of confusing to me but if that's the best way then I'd appreciate if someone could explain how to use it to me or at least point me in the direction of some helpful resources that aren't just the DT50 manual. I use the amp for pretty much only metal tones so Topology IV is really all that gets used 

The simplest way I know of is to take advantage of L6 Link.  A mic cable will work between the POD and the DT until you get a digital AES/EAU cable. As you are a long time user of the POD, you can appreciate its flexibility, i.e., placing effects before or after the amp model, etc. Being a metal payer, you will most likely appreciate MEAMBOBBO's site found here:

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/