Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Line 6 Original models

aepoc

What’s the difference between the Line 6 original amps:  Elektrik, Doom, and Epic? Anyone use them?

(I'm at work so I have to live vicariously through you guys since I can't play through them right now)

Electrik is similar to the Engl model only not as dark.  It breathes a bit more and has more sparkle.  I think, if my story is correct, that it was the result of initially modelling the Engl in HD modelling but then realizing while it was not a faithful reproduction, it was a great sounding model.

Can't talk about Epic or Doom.  I don't use either of them right now.  Might find a use for Epic but Doom doesn't fit most of what I play.

A bit off topi but:

In general I have always been a big fan of some of the Line 6 originals in past products, so I usually don't shy away from them at all. Some of my faves:

Black Panel Pete...awesome

Insane...it's been on almost every product they've had.  Again I think it's origins were from early attempts to get the SLO overdrive channel.

Chemical X

Agro...been on several of their products

I think in the Vetta I also used L6 clean and sparkle clean a lot.

• Upvote 1

In general I have always been a big fan of some of the Line 6 originals in past products, so I usually don't shy away from them at all. Some of my faves:

I like that model, too. Although, that's not really a Line 6 Original. It was modeled after a real amp. It's a model of Pete Anderson's modified Deluxe Reverb.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/17469/pete-anderson-5/

Electrik is similar to the Engl model only not as dark.  It breathes a bit more and has more sparkle.  I think, if my story is correct, that it was the result of initially modelling the Engl in HD modelling but then realizing while it was not a faithful reproduction, it was a great sounding model.

Can't talk about Epic or Doom.  I don't use either of them right now.  Might find a use for Epic but Doom doesn't fit most of what I play.

A bit off topi but:

Insane...it's been on almost every product they've had.  Again I think it's origins were from early attempts to get the SLO overdrive channel.

Chemical X

Agro...been on several of their products

I think in the Vetta I also used L6 clean and sparkle clean a lot.

Awesome.  Thanks :)