Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Impulse Responses by cabIR.eu

arndtp

Hi everybody,

I am new here and I am a Helix Owner since a week.

Now I am searching for some new Impulse Responses for the Helix. I found this site: www.cabir.eu

They have a IR-category called "pro IR series" with an Orange and three vintage Marshall Cabs. The Audio-Examples sounds very great.

Do anybody know these IRs? 

Are there any other good IR-Packs I should buy?

Thank you...

• Upvote 1

Yes I know Redwire and Ownhammer. But this www.cabir.eu sounds great! Did you hear the sound-examples? The sound really great! And the PDF-manuals on their site are looking really interessting. There are different voicing of all the IRs.

This is the reason why I ask, if somebody knows this IRs.

It looks really good. Maybe I will buy them.... Hmmm...

• Upvote 1

Do you work for them? ;)
Yeah, I listened. sure, sounds fine. But there are so many parameters to why a demo-video sounds great.

Good playing, good people at adjusting the modelers, great modeler, great choice of amps, good guitar etc etc.

So, in short....I think all demos sounds good :)

I have a few ownhammer and redwire bundles, and I use one off the ownhammer wav's, but I have to say, I don't really enjoy buying a bundle with 6000 ir's and listen through them alle...not to talk about buying them all! So, well they sound good, but so does the IR's that comes with the helix :-)

• Upvote 3

Do you work for them? ;)

Just wanted to write the same :-)

I have no problem with advertising if everything is transparent - they did already link the page on Facebook Helix group. No problem with that.

I was wondering a few things though:

- Why are the IRs 1,5 - 2x the price of others well known IRs?

- They don't have free examples to try. As it has beeing said a sound sample doesn't say anything. I won't buy them blind without try at least on of them first.

• Upvote 2

Oh no I don't work for them! I ask because there are no free example IRs. I thought maybe somebody bought this IRs and did some own experiences with them. But if nobody knows them, then I'll give Ownhammer IRs a chance. Pete Thorn liked them very much in his videos.

Oh no I don't work for them! I ask because there are no free example IRs. I thought maybe somebody bought this IRs and did some own experiences with them. But if nobody knows them, then I'll give Ownhammer IRs a chance. Pete Thorn liked them very much in his videos.

I think they have seen this thread. Visit their website - they have now some free examples to offer. Probably for some limited time.

If made a list with some other resources if you are interested:

http://dshowmusic.com/impulse-responses-for-line-6-helix/

• Upvote 2

Hi guys,

well, a buddy of mine has linked me to this thread and because i am the "head behind" the whole cabIR.eu project, i would like to take the chance to answer and / or give some statements on what you guys mentioned ;)

[EDIT]

The promotion has ended, as mentioned here:
http://line6.com/support/topic/18056-impulse-responses-by-cabireu/?do=findComment&comment=135195
Thank you for your understanding.

[/EDIT]

The "problem" with such "teasers" AND the reasons and advantages, a full featured impulse responses "Cab-Pack" of an guitar speaker cabinet includes many choices (and in this aspect, i am not the only one...) is one and the same, IMO:

My philosophy and persuasion, when it comes down to the "GOLDEN IR" or "THE BEST SWEET SPOT" of an Mic placement, mic choice or mixed mic speaker cabinet is: There IS NO ONE, perfect, always working, best "sweet spot" for everything! If it would be so, we just need the ONE GOLDEN IR or miced cabinet - and that`s it.  What we understand as "sweet spot" is thechoice of Mic.-type and mic.-position in front of an speaker cabinet, where it sounds subjective "best", right? but best depends on the signal chain before: The Player, guitar, Amp, amp settings, ..., all those stages result in a individual "frequency toplogy" and the miced cabinet is at the end the COMPLEMENT of the whole chain. And because everybodys personal subjective preferences may differ, all signal chains from everybody are quiet individually, also a IR-library should reflect this and give choices, to suit a dedicated signal path to "perfection".

So, this is the reason our 4x12" "pro IR series" libraries are supply 644 individual, unique IRs - not thousends.

If you may have any questions - let me know... ;)

Thanks

Markus

And furthermore i can`t see, why they should be overprized, as Dshow mentioned. If you compare them to comparable competitors, you`ll notice, that they are everything, but to expensive - IMO.

Hi Markus,

welcome to the forum ;-)

I din't write they are overpriced!  I was comparing the price to those from Rosen Digital which seem to be less expensive. Not saying that yours aren't worth the price since I had not the change to test them till now. Maybe I'm comparing Apples to oranges - who knows :-)

Anyway I wish you many sales - I've put your site on the IR list on my Blog

• Upvote 1

Hi Markus,

welcome to the forum ;-)

I din't write they are overpriced!  I was comparing the price to those from Rosen Digital which seem to be less expensive. Not saying that yours aren't worth the price since I had not the change to test them till now. Maybe I'm comparing Apples to oranges - who knows :-)

Anyway I wish you many sales - I've put your site on the IR list on my Blog

Hi Dshow,

many thanks for the warmth welcome :) And thanks for linking  me at your Blog! Much appreciate that!

prices: Difficult. Rosen Digital provides 3 IRs per Cab, or did i miss something? So $8,- / 3 IRs =2,66$ each IR?! A single Cab-Pack from cabIR.eu are for example 644 unique IRs for $14,99 = 0,023$ each IR .... get it? And because my assumptions about "sweet spot" i made in my last post, i don`t believe in this "3 GOLDEN IRs" paradigm ... by the way: Impulse responses are "linear events", not "non-linear events" (like dynamics, gain, etc...). So, i really don`t know what the guys means with marketing words like "sounds like a full blown amp..." ;)  although, they might sound superb,...  I´ve just have another philosophy about IRs it seems ;)

Anyway ... excuse me, i won`t start a big discussion about advatages and disadvantes of the different commercial IR producers ... at the end of the day, everybody has to experience the best solution for themself ... And for sure, it`s much high quality out there today ... so ... more choices for everyone ... if it`s ever desired to go in this "IR rabbit hole" deeper ... ;)

Thanks for response! But ... hopefully you give the FREEbies at my site a chance, perhaps you find something you like and can use in your Helix ;)

Markus

• Upvote 1

Thanks for response! But ... hopefully you give the FREEbies at my site a chance, perhaps you find something you like and can use in your Helix ;)

Thanks for the explanation.

Sure I'll give them a try I'm already registered.

• Upvote 1

I've played them some and I'll be experimenting some more this afternoon.  So far I can say that the Orange IR is amazing.  Nice job.

clear.png Glad you like them! You know, where you can find more of it clear.png Rock on! :)

By the way: The "rest" of you guys should "grab" your freebies fast ... because i actually think about to set them off again, because it seems, many seems to have fun with them, but i loose refund on the work behind the scenes, doing the "fully loaded big packs", cause it seems, just the teasers do it "too good" ... difficult... don`t get me wrong: No penetration here, just a hint, actually i am double minded about that and just want to inform, that i keep reservation to set the freebies offline. And NO, they are free of charge, but not free of rights ... so please don`t share them, as you won`t do with paid commercials ... thanks for understanding!

[EDIT]

The promotion has ended, as mentioned.

Thank you for your understanding.

[/EDIT]

Although i am really happy and proud, if you have fun and get good sounds out of them! No doubt ... ;)

Keep on rockin`clear.png

Markus

• 2 weeks later...

The free Orange sample made it into a few of my presets. Very nice!

I am tempted to buy the Marshall cab package. But the Helix versions sound pretty good. And the sheer number of IR's you get with these packages is, in a way, a deterrent! I just don't want to load a bunch into Helix , scroll thru all of them and get bogged down in that whole process.

Maybe if we get snowbound and am able to justify a few hours of tweaking...

The soundcloud samples on cabIReu make it all very tempting. Hard to belive these are not actual amps recorded in a great studio.

• Upvote 1

The free Orange sample made it into a few of my presets. Very nice!

I am tempted to buy the Marshall cab package. But the Helix versions sound pretty good. And the sheer number of IR's you get with these packages is, in a way, a deterrent! I just don't want to load a bunch into Helix , scroll thru all of them and get bogged down in that whole process.

Maybe if we get snowbound and am able to justify a few hours of tweaking...

The soundcloud samples on cabIReu make it all very tempting. Hard to belive these are not actual amps recorded in a great studio.

Hi oeham,

i get the point, that (too) many options (IRs) may deterrent. On the other side, if you see an IR as complement for the whole signal chain before - frequency wise - it make sense to me, to give options to find the "perfect match" for the individual signal chain. All i can say is, that the Signature mixes in the "pro IR series" and the OVERVIEW folder with all the MULTI-mic IRs (especially the "I" voicing for modelers) are good starting points for a more and faster "plug&play" usage, IMO. So ... 5 Signature Mixes and 5 "Idealized-NULL-Amp" MULTI IRs  =10 IRs for a good "quick start" - from my point of view...

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

OK, TODAY (!!!!), it`s BLACK FRIDAY, time for a FREE sneak preview:

Fire up your Vox AC30 Amp-Sim and plug one Cab IR from an unreleased Cab-Pack in!
DOWNLOAD: https://www.cabir.eu/_external_content/cabIR.eu_VX-AC30TB_CAB_M01_MULTI_I.wav

This link works only today ;) So get it now. AC30 Player will love it, i am sure. Your comments are appreciated!

15171056_1830384093843492_41516115852212

So, anybody else tried out the VOX IR? The feedback, I´ve received from different people is very promising so far. Quality of the www.cabIR.eu stuff should be at least equal to he best, you can find on the cab IR market. And that`s great to hear, `cause nothing less can be my approach :)
So, check it out for yourself. I will delete the link soon - Black Friday is over :D

I will be trying tonight.  Through an Alto TS212 and a Tube Combo Amp, and both.  Will circle back late this evening.  Will post some thoughts and maybe sound files too.

Well, everything is allowed, but playing with cab sim on thru a real guitar cabinet (from your combo) would be like place two guitar speakers in series ... intentional, Playing thru a cab IR sim is for "full range flat response" systems (FRFR Monitors (your Alto, if it fit the tec spec of FRFR well), studio monitors, headphones, etc...) just sayin`...

Anybody tried the free VOX sneak preview IR? Thoughts? Opinions?

I tried it and I like it very much. It has very nice sparkling upper mids as well as some kind of clarity to it that's hard to describe. Still has a nice bass response. Haven't been able to get close with the Helix 2x12 silver bell cab (it's clearly similar, but not quite the same).

Now I'm tempted to one of your 3 Marshall bundles, but which one ... 🤔

And I am bit reluctant to checking out >1900 IRs, but maybe as you stated one can just start with the "Multi" IRs.

• Upvote 1

I tried it and I like it very much. It has very nice sparkling upper mids as well as some kind of clarity to it that's hard to describe. Still has a nice bass response. Haven't been able to get close with the Helix 2x12 silver bell cab (it's clearly similar, but not quite the same).

Now I'm tempted to one of your 3 Marshall bundles, but which one ...

And I am bit reluctant to checking out >1900 IRs, but maybe as you stated one can just start with the "Multi" IRs.

Wow, thanks for the response! Great to hear, you like it! And well, to the >1900 IRs ... i think, when you got the system of the cab-pack folder structure, it will be fast to find the "right" IR, which will fit your individual needs!

I wrote this "HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT IR" post at the cabIR.eu facebook page:

HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT IR - Determined w/o getting lost of the great offers of tonal flavours?!

Navigation Tip for the the www.cabIR.eu Packs, especially the "pro IR series" Cab-Packs:

Start with the _OVERVIEW folder:

Try the 5 _I (I_dealized NULL Amp = MIC+DI) mixes:

_CAB_MULTI (all speakers); each of the _A/B/C/D_MULTI (single speaker)

Be just happy with one of those or go deeper into the rabbit hole:

Go to the dedicated Subfolder of the prefered mix (MIX-Cabinet;one of the MIX-Speaker-A/B/C/D).

Want more Bass resonance? Take the _P (P_ush Resonance Amp) variant. Want something in-between: Mix the same IR, but from both _P & _I variants.

Want more scoop? Take the _T (T_ube Amp). Want something in-between: Mix the same IR, but from both _T & _I variants.

Want more clarity, clear top-end, direct in your face? In general (not always) the MPT Mixes will be better here (All M + two digits indicated IRs)

Want more "charackter", softer top-end, more "smeared" smoothness? In general (not always) the RAW Mixes will be better here (All R + two digits indicated IRs)

Want get a feeling, what the Single Mics will do to the sound? Go to the SINGLE-MICS folder and scroll through the different Mics and find you favs (All one digit indicated IRs).

Hope this helps ...

I think, choices are a great thing. And the other to navigate target orientated. And if it sounds good - stay with it! You also will not turn every single paramter combination, the Helix will provide to find the sound you`re looking for, hopefully ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had a chance to test CabIR.EU impulses extensively but judging by the sophisticated look of the guides that come with them if these guys are half as meticulous with producing their IRs as they are with their literature they should be top notch. The accompanying brochures that come with their IRs are the most sophisticated, professional, and well put together I have seen. Looking forward to testing their IRs.

• Upvote 1

I have not had a chance to test CabIR.EU impulses extensively but judging by the sophisticated look of the guides that come with them if these guys are half as meticulous with producing their IRs as they are with their literature they should be top notch.

IMO, they are. ;)  If not, it would`nt have made sense to start the project, right? We all know - there`s a lot (good) stuff out there...

Additional to the PDF manuals, I´ve tried last days doing some little "Slider" presentations, ... (but man, english is not my native language...)

how i recommend to Navigate through the libraries: https://www.cabir.eu/en/content/11-pro-ir-series-libraries

... and what the differences are and mixing possibilites you have with the Idealized NULl Amp voicing (mathemtaical NO Amp coloration)  and the other two voicings (you`ll find in all `pro IR series` librarires) I´ve "slided" here: https://www.cabir.eu/en/content/12-pro-ir-series-libraries-II

Lot`s of stuff, and many may love more the easiness of small packs with 10 IRs or so, but if you want to keep it that simple, it`s there - in the "OVERVIEW" folder. So, ... if you just looking for simplicity, stay there and see the rest as "nice to have" add-on :rolleyes:

To reiterate zooey's question: do you have any XMAS GIVE AWAY offer for non-facebook users? There are actually many of us here who could end up being CabIR.eu customers.

I tried your VOX sample a while back. It was good, but only 1 IR. If your Xmas offer introduces me to a wide range of Fender, Vox, and other lower-gain cabs you might have a paying customer!

• Upvote 1

To reiterate zooey's question: do you have any XMAS GIVE AWAY offer for non-facebook users? There are actually many of us here who could end up being CabIR.eu customers.

I tried your VOX sample a while back. It was good, but only 1 IR. If your Xmas offer introduces me to a wide range of Fender, Vox, and other lower-gain cabs you might have a paying customer!

Actually unfortunately no, but i have some ideas in mind. Hard to find the right balance. But if you guys have suggestions, i am open to listen to. Had not the greatest experiences with freebie IR`s, to be honest. Maybe a User-challenge of the best video or audio presentation based on some samples, would be one of the ideas... have to think about some things....!

The Vox-library is still not finished, more stuff in the lower gain / fenderish / Jensen / Alnico area is planned for the further future ... we`ll see...

Ohh my... the download was corrupted so it's useless. Sorry about that.

Doh ... :(