Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't download FW 1.06.0 (Windows7)

DaGeezer

Windows 7, App 1.03 downloaded & installed fine, but when I attempt to download FW 1.06.0 I get nothing but weird script, like this>

FORM*›L6FFHEAD4!Ã…D5UNô5Q2Å Rndzñ¥dinfÃ…Ddata*š¨xÚì½y|SUö~ï{/ÉKûÚ„¶@Ú†’®tB[)cÓ´½MH!eó‹ ’²¦HÄe–ï.¨8AAAEtGZÇ*5UwÅ“Dt¦lCÓèÌMìkK›ß¹iQgû-ÿüþøýÌ|÷¾{Ã9÷ܳޛ¼:53Œ!‚ @ƒØƒƒý°"áÃic5G_yí˜!æÆ 6qÓ˜+úèÇ‘;јŸ[ßÿ_}2c¥Û˜Ãk~£™sÃO´}©¹eÃ7üG"<åíHû•é†þZ„;^8ð€óF¾˜õ}²QœŽh_ü©O+6çŒ5hÑíÿ{}~n«×¢Ê¶Ã¹’Ëú¯cÿ§ n«XðS€þÑŽ‚ˆ¨Ú_ÚÜëFÈ2a{’['8±%9P>7Ù1‡EyÃ…v±×mhI“uEÛ$hÇ[ÆqP{ÃxÛ¸Wè6S{ŠÚN^èUȦRá¡T¨v]è÷*RÔ¬Q Ȧ Æ’7Tír£Þ# ºÑ×ÛEZ‘éÚ,¤bú

any idea what the problem might be??

I've tried about 20 times now....

Thx

Jeff

Are you trying to download the firmware flash file itself or the updater? It looks like Windows is trying to open the file as text file, regardless. You need to download and install the latest version of Line 6 Updater, and then once installed and running with the Helix connected, it will download the firmware file for you and send it to the Helix.

• Upvote 1

Are you trying to download the firmware flash file itself or the updater? It looks like Windows is trying to open the file as text file, regardless. You need to download and install the latest version of Line 6 Updater, and then once installed and running with the Helix connected, it will download the firmware file for you and send it to the Helix.

Ah! I'm a novice at this, and I don't even have my Helix yet (to be delivered Thursday)....I was just trying to have all my ducks in a row (files gathered) so I could hit the ground running when it arrives.

I'll try again after I have the unit in hand & connected, then report back.

A big THANKS for all the guidance!

Jeff

Windows 7, App 1.03 downloaded & installed fine, but when I attempt to download FW 1.06.0 I get nothing but weird script, like this>

FORM*›L6FFHEAD4!Ã…D5UNô5Q2Å Rndzñ¥dinfÃ…Ddata*š¨xÚì½y|SUö~ï{/ÉKûÚ„¶@Ú†’®tB[)cÓ´½MH!eó‹ ’²¦HÄe–ï.¨8AAAEtGZÇ*5UwÅ“Dt¦lCÓèÌMìkK›ß¹iQgû-ÿüþøýÌ|÷¾{Ã9÷ܳޛ¼:53Œ!‚ @ƒØƒƒý°"áÃic5G_yí˜!æÆ 6qÓ˜+úèÇ‘;јŸ[ßÿ_}2c¥Û˜Ãk~£™sÃO´}©¹eÃ7üG"<åíHû•é†þZ„;^8ð€óF¾˜õ}²QœŽh_ü©O+6çŒ5hÑíÿ{}~n«×¢Ê¶Ã¹’Ëú¯cÿ§ n«XðS€þÑŽ‚ˆ¨Ú_ÚÜëFÈ2a{’['8±%9P>7Ù1‡EyÃ…v±×mhI“uEÛ$hÇ[ÆqP{ÃxÛ¸Wè6S{ŠÚN^èUȦRá¡T¨v]è÷*RÔ¬Q Ȧ Æ’7Tír£Þ# ºÑ×ÛEZ‘éÚ,¤bú

any idea what the problem might be??

I've tried about 20 times now....

Thx

Jeff

is that a joke...??? where is fw 1.6....?