Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Relay

jay19458

Hi,

I wondered if the G10 transmitter will fit recessed guitar sockets ...

Apart from my three Variaxes, I've got a couple of Telecasters (which I know it will fit) ... but I've also got a couple of Stratocasters and I need to know if the transmitter will fit those recessed sockets ...

Regards,

Colin

Cheers, Darrell,

I suppose you can just buy another transmitter, if you want to hook up another guitar at the same time. I think he said you can use four instruments at the same time ...

Regards,

Colin

they are saying 4 systems, not just 4 transmitters to one receiver.

As a violin player i am happy to see small compact transmitter .I am only disappointed with 50 foot range :( but at least no more velcro ,zip ties :)  ....

I cant find specification ,anyone knows what is G-10  input impedance or is it G10 transmitter compatible with G30/50 ?

Thx.

As a violin player i am happy to see small compact transmitter .I am only disappointed with 50 foot range :( but at least no more velcro ,zip ties :)  ....

I cant find specification ,anyone knows what is G-10  input impedance or is it G10 transmitter compatible with G30/50 ?

Thx.

Likewise! though one of my violins has a smaller output jack that'll need an adapter, so i'll still need something for that.

I love the concept of the G10...but

Why does the transmitter jack extend out so much!!!! I wish it could have been a 90 degree connection if possible to the guitar. Seems like any guitar with the jack on the bottom could be problematic bumping into stuff etc.

• Upvote 1

I love the concept of the G10...but

Why does the transmitter jack extend out so much!!!! I wish it could have been a 90 degree connection if possible to the guitar. Seems like any guitar with the jack on the bottom could be problematic bumping into stuff etc.

Maybe right angle adapter can help VUPN7887.jpg

All I see is a 1/4", XLR, and USB(?) detachable power(?) cable. Does the receiver have to be plugged into AC for it to work - i.e., does the receiver have a chargeable battery as well as the transmitter, so the unit is completely portable?

The receiver has to be plugged in to work. It's powered from the USB port (just like the other Relay receivers), so you could conceivably power it off of of one of those battery pack USB charging stations if you wanted a completely wireless solution.

• 3 weeks later...

Can the G10 transmit to other Relay receivers? G30/50/55/90, etc.? I understand that the range would not necessarily improve (though it might with the diversity attennae on the G50 and up). If so, what channel?

I love this concept, similar to the older AKG "Bug", but infinitely simpler. 

For the record, I have a Relay G30, G50, and the vocal XD-50. Rudy Sarzo got me hooked on these things (or it is unhooked ;-)

The receiver has to be plugged in to work. It's powered from the USB port (just like the other Relay receivers), so you could conceivably power it off of of one of those battery pack USB charging stations if you wanted a completely wireless solution.

This could have been a GREAT product that I was sure to buy. However, not having a 9V power connection makes it completely useless to me and probably the vast majority of guitarists (who would like to put it on a pedal board).

Line 6: if you want to make sure sales will not be a total disaster, please include a 9V => USB convertor in the package (or add a 9V connection if still possible).

If not, you now know why this product will not sell well :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Will the G10 work as well on a bass as it does on guitar? Bass is never mentioned.

Thanks in advance

Works great with both of my bass guitars, a Yamaha 5-string with active electronics and an Epiphone 4-string with passive electronics.

Question: Are there any problems of crossing up if your other guitarist is using one as well???

I don't know how many channels it has but it's supposed to automatically scan them and select the proper one.

My line 6 G10relay does not work on first plugin, but when I press the little button in on the jack the receiver light says it's ok , does it go to sleep? if so how do I wake it.

Stan

Your guitar should be pressing that little button in when you insert the jack.  Mine has been working every time I pull it out of the receiver and plug it into a guitar.

Question: Are there any problems of crossing up if your other guitarist is using one as well???

Hi,

Not at all, just like using any other Line 6 wireless product. We use two G10's on stage, one for bass and the other for 12 string, works great.

Buy one.......:)

Hi,

Not at all, just like using any other Line 6 wireless product. We use two G10's on stage, one for bass and the other for 12 string, works great.

Buy one....... :)

Wow cool thanks for the answer!! 

Can the G10 transmit to other Relay receivers? G30/50/55/90, etc.? I understand that the range would not necessarily improve (though it might with the diversity attennae on the G50 and up). If so, what channel?

I love this concept, similar to the older AKG "Bug", but infinitely simpler. 

For the record, I have a Relay G30, G50, and the vocal XD-50. Rudy Sarzo got me hooked on these things (or it is unhooked ;-)

It works with my G50 receiver, but you have to plug the transmitter into the G10 receiver first to let it pick a channel; then unplug the G10, turn on the G50 and use the channel select knob to find out which channel the G10 picked. I don't believe that it changes the channel after it picks one, so it should stay there. This would be a problem if there were other Line 6 Relay products turned on at the same time: there would be several of the 12 relay channels in use. It appears that the Gj10 used channel 1-4, so maybe ask the other Relay users (guitar or mikes) to avoid those when G10's are in use as well. 

I've not check the range of the G10 when a G50 diversity receiver is used; might be a bit more range due to the better antenna set up on the G50/70/90 systems. The G30 receiver is probably almost exactly the same range as the G10.

I've not done a apples to apples tone comparison between the G10 / G30 / G50 yet; but the G10 is supposed to use the same A/D conversion hardware as the G30, so it should sound similar, but you have no "cable length" selector to modify the signal. To me, the G30 and G50 sound the same.

Just got the G10, but it doesn't seem to transmit.  Green light is on when plugged into guitar. receiver is plugged into the amp and powered through a PC USB connection. I wonder if that doesn't have enough power?  Can't plug it in now, but will try again when I can reach another wall socket.  If that doesn't work, any other suggestions?

Just got the G10, but it doesn't seem to transmit. Green light is on when plugged into guitar. receiver is plugged into the amp and powered through a PC USB connection. I wonder if that doesn't have enough power? Can't plug it in now, but will try again when I can reach another wall socket. If that doesn't work, any other suggestions?

PC USB ports supply 0.5A of power at 5v. The G10 wants to see 1A. A typical phone wall-charger with a USB port puts out 1A or more now, so try using that if you have one around.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not check the range of the G10 when a G50 diversity receiver is used; might be a bit more range due to the better antenna set up on the G50/70/90 systems.  

Did you maybe had a chance to check the  range with G10 transmitter and G50 receiver?