Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

vital question on firehawk

kickbackbaz

Can someone with a firhawk fx try this for me?

Whilst playing live i go to bank 1a for my rhythm tone. I then press bank up so it is hovering ready to hit patch 2a when my solo comes up.

I watched a vid recently where the guy hit the bank up, but it seemed to time out after about 10 seconds!

On my pod hd when doing this it sits there ready to go to 2a and doesnt time out.

This could be a deal breaker for me if the firehawk doesnt respond the same :(

Could someone please try this for me?

Thanks in advance.

No need to test it - the manual is clear enough. The operation will time out after 5 seconds.

But you can organize your preset locations so that you won't need to switch banks. If your solo preset is in the same bank as your rhythm preset you won't need to 'prepare' for the preset change.

It's not difficult to move presets around and place them in a more convenient location for your switching preferences.

yes, it does.  That's why I submitted an ticket on the Ideascale site to have a "toggle" function.  For example, you could select 2a, switch to 1a, play, then press the 1a button again and it will switch to the 2a tone.  When you are done with the solo, press the 2a button again and it will take you back to 1a.

I guess thats a deal breaker then! Ive owned pod,pod xt, x3 and hd in the past. None of them time out after 5 seconds!

I have 15 sound in total i use during most gigs so need the ability to do this. After doing it this way for nearly 15 years it will be very hard to change old habits i guess.

Sorry line 6. No sale!

I also wish you could increase the time , I usually end up doing the process twice as I don't confirm the change within 5 seconds , it's quite hard when your committed to rocking out with one foot up the fold back

Quite an easy work around though is to have a bank dedicated to each song you play although you will undoubtedly have some banks that share patches it only takes about 15 minutes to drop the patches in place with the app

Jdebiase. Its not hard at all if u got the firehawk as your first multi fx. Im sure, like a lot of players, i have parts in songs where i press pedals at certain times due to habit. May be difficult to break the habit? For example on sweet child of mine i select 2d for the opening solo, but i have it hovering ready to go on 1b for the verse.

Right Kick. I agree with one of the previous replies here. I'm starting to lay stuff out that I know I can use within the same bank or, if it is applicable, use the FH as stomp box by just turning foot switches on or off as needed depending on the song (sometimes just turn on a FS for boost, fuzz, overdrive for a solo then switch it off).

just put your two tones on the same bank.  there are 32 banks :)

I think I have the same mesa tone on at least 5 different banks.  I frequent between a clean, a 'dirty clean', heavy gate distortion and something wet for solos.  works pretty good.  

I have 15 sounds that i use during gigs on various songs. For example, november rain...

In this order

2a clean with chorus

1a clean no chorus

Back to 2a

1a

2a

1c crunch

2d solo

2a

2d second solo

1c

1d

3a final solo with added boost and more delay

I have set points during the song where i hit bank up/down (through habit)

Just a shame i would have to change that habit after 15 years

• Upvote 1

Youre only using 5 tones there, so with a bit of organisation you could easily negate your problem:

1a - clean with chorus

1b - clean no chorus

1a

1b

1a

1c - crunch

1d - solo

1a

1d - solo

1c -

2a - big outro solo bit

So you're only changing the bank once? (And with November Rain there's a good break at the start of that outro to change banks...)

mcbeddall - you take tap dancing lessons?  Sometimes I get caught too far away from the board to get the sound on time..hehe.  need a remote tone changer, faster than the bluetooth connection

geeze, wouldn't that be awesome, two buttons on your phone you could program two tones to, so if you are not in front of your FH, like you are messing around with the crowd, you could at least not be too late on the change.  Sounds like another idea for the IdeaScale!!

Or is 1b really necessary? Could you maybe just turn off the chorus of 1a

I'm slow, let's start there.....

seems like I can get tone to tone levels real good, but most of the time I switch from a stomp or something like that, my levels change too much.  I have been programming two buttons for stuff like that, so I can keep the levels level.

I'm wondering if one of the problems you're having has to do with how you have set your volume stages from one preset to another. With all things being equal in the volume department, if you simply added a stomp with overdrive or distortion that you need for a solo, you could adjust the volume or gain of that stomp block a bit higher, then just turn it on or off when needed for the solo. Same with chorus (though I would not use the same patch as the overdrive settings). Then you are on the same preset and using the FH foot switches the way they were designed to work. I agree with Kev and Trip on this organization model. It's also a hell of a lot of work, but fun!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Right Kick. I agree with one of the previous replies here. I'm starting to lay stuff out that I know I can use within the same bank or, if it is applicable, use the FH as stomp box by just turning foot switches on or off as needed depending on the song (sometimes just turn on a FS for boost, fuzz, overdrive for a solo then switch it off).

I'm reading a lot on the FireHawk before mine arrives and I'm getting really nervous with all the negative feedback I'm reading. I've watched and heard tons of demos and the pedal seems to be quite solid, but in real-time use, please are stating otherwise.

Don't forget that this is the first place people come when they have a problem, hence negative comments and such

It is a solid pedal but it's not perfect (no pedal is) could be perfect for your needs though, you just gotta try it

Personally I think it's very very good , the only thing I don't like is the preset switching could be faster , but it has been improved considerably since launch

I do not seem to have any of the latency delays that people are reporting unless the preset has one or more synths. I don't use a lot of synths and notice no latency issues between my presets even when jumping from one entirely different bank! But I noticed the problem when synths are involved. The quality of the FH is great. I can only guess that the Helix is dynamite but unaffordable for me at this point! I loved my old M9 but love the FH better!

Jim