Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Future of DT25 - Seeking opinions

jegarcia

Seeking input from other Line 6 users. I bought a POD HD500X unit a few months ago and liked it so much that I went ahead and ordered a DT25 head with cabinet. Always wanted to own a tube amp.

Do you all think that the current line of floor boards (helix for example) will offer the same level of functionality as the POD.? Again I know that only Line 6 people know the answer so I'm just looking for thoughts on this matter. I guess there is always MIDI but from what I read the L6 Link is much easier.  If there is no additional functionality for the DTs to come for the new boards would you all be happy with your DT25...does it stand on its own as an amp without the L6 link stuff?

Happy rockin' new year everybody.

I'm holding out hope that Line 6 will add full DT functionality to Helix.  If they don't, the MIDI / L6 Link method is very easy to use so I'll be fine.

I sort of expected them to have a new amp or powered monitor, which would replace the DT in their lineup, at Winter NAMM but they didn't.  Maybe something will show up at the next trade show.

The DT works great as a stand-alone amp.  It also works really well with 4-cable method.

I do have to admit that most of the time I just run Helix into an Alto TS110A PA speaker.  It's just super easy to do, sounds great and most other people's patches I download work perfectly through a PA with no tweaking.

I'm going to experiment with running my dry signal into the DT and a wet signal into the Alto this weekend.  That should be fun.

• Upvote 1

They are working on a fix for the Helix/DT integration but who knows when.  As Darrell says the midi is dead easy and the Helix sounds better through the DT25 than my HD500 did.  Firehawk 1500 is definitely not a DT replacement, totally different animal.  More like an updated Vetta than anything else.  I could see them putting out something similar with no built in modeling and L6 link to work with all their modelers.

BTW the wet/dry/wet with my Alesis Alphas and the DT is incredible.  Have fun with it!

• Upvote 1

Willing to bet we will get a bit on the L6 Link integration on the Helix eventually.  Line 6 is supposed taking a look into trying to get to play nice with each other. I suspect we will get something along the lines of using a single DT but have the topology etc... switching over the L6 connection.

Long term I expect, Line6 will integrate and collaborate more on the Yamaha side. Yamaha already has some modeling amps. We already have the Yamaha Variax standard. So I expect the DT replacement will eventually come from that side of the house, IF there is one. L6 has history of tinkering with thinks like this (what happened to Bass Variax, Acoustic Variax, etc...) and then more or less turning back and focusing on FRFR later. Although due to Bogner's involvement I don't truly expect the replacement to stand up to the DT. It's truly an outstanding amp. If I end up replacing it down the road, L6 will have to really convince me the replacement is really that good, which as good as the Helix looks they have not done on the POD, or I will end up going back all analog.

Hopefully Line 6 works on it and refines it more. It's an awesome platform of an amp. Man the thing sounds amazing in all areas of sound.

I like to think DT stands for "Dynamic Tone". It might burn out but it won't fade away anytime soon, lol. I'm not interested in the L6 Link part of it' cause since I got it back from Line 6 the last time it hasn't worked, lol. Maybe it's me, I'm not sure about that but the rest of it works now and I love the way it sounds. I just go into the return anyway and use the preamp as a separate channel for another guitar.

Edited by Brazzy