Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why does global eq not work with USB output?

Paolo_Maina

On 2/1/2021 at 12:38 AM, AMountain said:

If the number of the votes is the only thing that line 6 takes in count for to ponder the ideas there, then this vote-system there is unjust and IMHO not intelligent:

The sheer "number" of votes cannot be the only thing taken into account. Meters have always had the highest number of votes (by far) and took more than 4-5 years to get. I've seen other things added with just a handful of votes. Quite often things are added that don't even appear on ideascale. 

Like any business.... they'll have a board room where all options are considered and debated. I'm sure they are well aware of the chatter on the forums or in the FB group, but ideascale is the official place to make a request. 

IMO... if they can find a way to add the global EQ to the digital outputs without permanently reducing DSP availability I'd be happy to upvote it. But I do not want to give up precious resources if that is the only option. I'm also aware that if I owned a PC or DT, I'd probably feel very differently about that :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I agree in that detail:

On 2/2/2021 at 7:19 AM, codamedia said:

The sheer "number" of votes cannot be the only thing taken into account. Meters have always had the highest number of votes (by far) and took more than 4-5 years to get. I've seen other things added with just a handful of votes. Quite often things are added that don't even appear on ideascale. 

Like any business.... they'll have a board room where all options are considered and debated. I'm sure they are well aware of the chatter on the forums or in the FB group, but ideascale is the official place to make a request. 

IMO... if they can find a way to add the global EQ to the digital outputs without permanently reducing DSP availability I'd be happy to upvote it. But I do not want to give up precious resources if that is the only option. I'm also aware that if I owned a PC or DT, I'd probably feel very differently about that :) 

Thank you too for this explanation. I am not that long part of the "family" that i would know that. But it sounds reasonable and probably the process is the way you described it.

What matters your last paragraph: I agree. Me too i fight with the pretty limited DSP-power. Bought because of that a LT and run it behind the Floor.  This one i use purely for the effects before the amps [in that matter, again the link on ideascale (which i consider more important than Global eq for the LT-link to the PC), please vote all ; https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/H-Floor-Stomp-up-down-up-down-switches-working-inside-a-preset/1008717-23508} and the LT purely for the amps (and anything behind). And alas, STILL i cannot run my dream-rig (three or even four bridged Plexis with their 3 or 4 double-cabs, a rig that i used a long time in real life), so yes, i share completely your reservation in that matter.  ... Waiting for the Hercules from line 6 (a new 'Super-Helix' with 4 or 6 DSPs)...

• 5 months later...

i realize this is an old thread, but what if the Helix had a second global eq in it's interface? or the helix global eq had a setting that allowed you to duplicate the global eq in helix on the powercab?  it would basically tell the powercab where to adjust its own eq. wouldn't that equally solve the problem? you're just sending instructions from the helix to the powercab in the form of data. ie, MIDI or something similar??  seems to me this should be quite simple when we're talking digital connections.

• 6 months later...

I use my L6 output to connect to my Powercab 212 Plus.  I use the L6 Link to allow me to change settings in the Powercab on the fly, including different speakers, etc.  I then send signal to the FOH mixer from the Powercab.

However, I find that the 212 plus can get pretty boomy sounding--especially when I'm using acoustic guitar settings from my Variax guitars.  That boomy sound also goes to the FOH mixer (which, of course, the FOH engineer can EQ out.)  But I would absolutely like to have the global EQ on the Helix work on the L6 Link output so that I don't have to fool around with EQ on each individual preset when I have global issue with EQ.

Any ideas for a workaround to my issue would be appreciated.

21 hours ago, rbosque said:

I find that the 212 plus can get pretty boomy sounding--especially when I'm using acoustic guitar settings from my Variax guitars.  That boomy sound also goes to the FOH mixer (which, of course, the FOH engineer can EQ out.)  

When both the FRFR and the FOH is boomy - that's a good indication that the preset needs to be adjusted... providing the FOH is properly tuned (EQ'd) for the room. 

Are you using any "Low Cut" filters in your preset?  It is very common to include an HPF at 80hz - 100hz...  sometimes even higher depending on how you want an acoustic to sit in a mix. Often with an acoustic 160hz (the octave of 80) can be troublesome and requires a notch as well. IME this is more prevalent with a real acoustic vs a Variax model with the main symptom being a "D string" that is taking off.