Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Lock knob and Delay Bypass

gruntk

Hi everyone,

I have questions about some configuration on the HD500X,

1 - Is this possible to Lock the AMP knob ?

let me explain : you configure your preset. you move on stage and, bad luck, your guitar cable move one of the HD500X amp knob. It happens to me a lot of time. so i want to FIX\lock my preset knob (master include)

2 - Is there a delay bypass like those on the Stompbox DL4 ?

With the DL4 stompbox after activate the bypass, when you switch off the delay, the effect still continue to his end, it s very usefull because when you juggle with lots of preset, it will not cut your delay effect.

actually, i managed to handle this with delay + reverb preset. but it s not always simple to configure.

Thanx

1) Don't think so, but I wouldn't want that anyway...you'd just have to unlock everything each time you need to adjust something. Editing on the fly is enough of a pain in the arse as it is. A slightly longer cable and a roll of duct tape will solve this problem nicely.

2) Not entirely sure what you're asking on this one.

2) I think you're talking about something called FX 'trails'. There is a setting in the Setup menus that allows you to specify whether you want the trails on or off. However this only applies within a preset. There is no ability to have the FX trails continue when you switch presets.

As far as the cord hitting the knobs ---- 

I am more concerned with it getting dragged underneath the exp pedal and getting cut in half when I step on it. 

Which is why I make sure it is placed and secured so it won't happen. 

That is my solution. 

I'm totally obsessed with making sure NOTHING comes close to the front of my pedalboard.  This is what velcro was made for. I loop and secure all cables (guitar, power, XLR) around the outside of the board and secure it. I have nightmares that a cord is in the way of me pressing a pedal or causing other various issues.

Those unpredictable stage floor situation is the reason I use an HD Desktop with a shortboard...I would use a pro, but I prefer the small form-factor...The little POD sits on the back on the stage on top of my amp(s)...I still have the original green screen FBV and it is over 10 years old now...it's been fallen on, had beer spilled in it...you name it...stills works great...I have the MK2 also and tend to use it more these days...Both are great controllers I think...I have never been into having my tone on the floor...