Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Android Phone or Tablet and Best Screen Size

rayaipo

Hello!

Anyone want to share what Android smartphone they are happy with and the screen size that works best for them.

I have the FX100 and currently using a Samsung Tab A I bought for an additional $175.  Works fine but a little sluggish when trying to move the sliders when making adjustments.  

Thinking that I could upgrade my Tracfone to a android smartphone and wonder what screen size works best.

Also maybe getting a cheaper android tablet that works well or hell just keep the Samsung Tab A.  

Saving some cash let's me buy other toys!

Thanks for responding and Best to you all!

CK

Well I got lucky. I needed a tablet. Had Amazon Prime and was able to buy the brand new Kindle Fire Hdx 8.9" on time and I have been incredibly pleased with it. I actually used my friends iPad to update the firmware the first time but then have use the Kindle ever since. The new Hdx has a clear easy to read high resolution screen (HD) and is very responsive to changes. It also seems to have a really good bluetooth because It has never dropped the signal which is a problem alot of other tablets are having. So the Remote App works great and the Bluetooth works great but better than that. Once the bluetooth is connected to do not have to use the app. You can play any audio on your Kindle through the Amplifi FX100 and into whatever your main outs are running to. In my case its the P.A. which means drum machines, metronomes, backing tracks, Mp3s, or even music videos. So the combination is a winner for me. I also have it on my Android Phone, a Kyocera Brigadier and even though I don't use it as much it does seem to work quite well also. Just way harder to see on such a small screen. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Cebreez,

Thanks for your input!  I hope other Amplifi FX100 users see this and respond. Not certain but I think my modem is getting weak (over4 years old) or the Samsung Galaxy Tab A has a poor WiFi connector  Let me know if /when you post any tones on the Cloud.

I hope to hear from other users!

CK 

Hello!

I get an email letting me know someone posted here.  Mike, thanks for responding.  Decided not to look for a smartphone and instead I just bought an Insignia Flex 8" NS P16AT09.  It has an expandable micro sd slot, wifi and bluetooth and Android 5.0 (Lollipop).

I just downloaded the app remote and will let you know how it works.  My cost from Wallmart was about $85 out the door.  So that's half the cost of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.5" screen at Costco for $180 out the door.  Stay tuned.

CK

Thats the way to go rayaipo. I have been keeping my eye on some of the lower priced tablets. They are packed with features at a fraction of the cost with larger screen sizes. I think I am going to buy one just to have a backup in case my Kindle dies or gets lost or whatever. I will say when you have to switch from the tablet to the smart phone its a big change. Its instantly becomes a phone in hand event as opposed to leaving the tablet on the music stand and making changes one handed. Good luck!

I did post some Twin Reverb tones but I don't know if or how or where they are. I will check and see if they are in the cloud. They were the Fender Twin Reverb clean, with distortion, with chorus, and then one on lead channel. I haven't had a chance to listened to them just running the Amplifi Fx100 through the P.A. but they sound great going into my Peavey Classic 30 which I mic and run to the PA.

I've had very good response from Line 6 technical staff over the phone with solving issues.  Wait time was under 5 minutes. But finding information online has been a challenge probably more due to my reading ability. (I tend to read too fast and miss things)

The Forums here are helpful but everything is scattered.  Anyway I'll have to look around in the FX100 forum 

Android Smartphone/Tablets (Started)

Tones (by Artists)

Technical Issues

I might start these on the Line 6 Amplifi Forum...any thoughts?

Cebreez and anyone else:  What kind of music do you like to play?  I like the David Gilmour/Neil Young tones and many others that I don't even know about. We play mostly acoustic right now and my buddy who plays 12 string can play songs from over 120 groups/artists from the 60's on up. I hope to use the FX100 to add a new sound when we play acoustic AND electric.  Along with a bass (upright and 5 string electric) we just play for fun every Monday rotating houses serving a little tequila and dinner. Start at 5pm and end around 10pm.  I'm the oldest at 63 and the other 2 are in mid 50's. I attached the list just for grins.  I never get tired of playing since he usually comes up with a new song or two that I have not heard or have forgotten. 

Songs Artists with Parker.pdf

I'm anything Country, blues, classic rock, gospel, and a little jazz. I tend to stick with simple tones.... Clean, overdrive. Chorus. Occasionally a phaser or flanger to do some old Alabama stuff. I only get crazy when I'm messing around. I tend to use my presets for Amp and Room types and then branch off. Case in point... some of my overdrive tones sound really good on a big stage with lots of instruments but put them in a small club and they are too harsh even with the volume turned down. So I will replicate presets and tweak them for the venue. When I put my set list together I write on it the present numbers and any changes on each song. And to keep this old man from getting too confused I try to keep the lettered positions the same. A=Clean, B=Overdrive,C=Chorus or Mod, and finally D=Distortion or a secondary lead. I plan on upgrading to the Firehawk FX and when I do all that will go out the window so to speak.