Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to Delete a preset and setlist order (Had a full display crash today)

PiFromBRC

Issue:

Turned on Helix and scribble strips got all wonky.  

1:  Strips were either blank or way out of order (eg Bank was on FS8, Tap on FS2)

2:  Strips were doing the Fade In/Out of Death

3:  Labels were superimposing and switching on individual strips.

I did a FS9/10 reset and tried to import my slaved-upon User setlists

1:  Several of my saved and imported presets were blank. 

2:  All of them were contiguous.  I keep blank 'New Preset' patches in every set of 4 for future tweaks.

3:  Reimports of custom presets were blank or several iterations earlier

I figured out that I can drag new presets in to place.  Hence the edit of this post.

Question:

1:  How can I straight up DELETE a preset off the unit so I can start from scratch?

Not a happy Pi right now :(

Issue:

Question:

1:  How can I straight up DELETE a preset off the unit so I can start from scratch?

The way I do it is to open any empty preset, make no changes to it and save it to the preset location that you want to delete. Hope this helps!

Issue:

1:  Strips were either blank or way out of order (eg Bank was on FS8, Tap on FS2)

2:  All of them were contiguous.  I keep blank 'New Preset' patches in every set of 4 for future tweaks.

I figured out that I can drag new presets in to place.  Hence the edit of this post.

Question:

You probably downloaded it already but make sure you are using the latest version of the Helix App 1.03 for backup and restore.

Issue:

Question:

Would you mind opening up a ticket for this issue? 

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

You probably downloaded it already but make sure you are using the latest version of the Helix App 1.03 for backup and restore.

You mean 1.06.  Yes.

The Helix App is at 1.03, the fw is at 1.06.

As BINGEWOOD pointed out the latest firmware and Helix App have different version numbers. The pattern so far has been that if you do not have the latest Helix App version after a firmware upgrade, you may/will have problems saving and restoring presets. This is probably working as designed, new firmware updates may require new versions of the Helix App. I always check for the latest Helix App when doing a firmware upgrade.

As BINGEWOOD pointed out the latest firmware and Helix App have different version numbers. The pattern so far has been that if you do not have the latest Helix App version after a firmware upgrade, you may/will have problems saving and restoring presets. This is probably working as designed, new firmware updates may require new versions of the Helix App. I always check for the latest Helix App when doing a firmware upgrade.

Ah....I stand corrected.  Well...ignorant at least.  I'll check it later.  Thanks.

FWIW, I tried to upgrade to the 1.06 firmware with the 1.02 app and it did not go well at all.  Failed in fact.  The Helix indicated that the update failed.  Weh I rebooted the Helix, the welcome screen showed firmware 1.06 but then crashed; the Helix tried to reperform the update--which it could never complete.  It was a brick.  

I installed the 1.03 app and tried the upgrade again and it worked.  Don't know if this is your issue, but I was in a panic for a short time...

Lee