Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is up with the edit-mode ?

tagmusenmagnus1

Hi! 

I find the Idea of the edit mode very nice, but there are just things I dont understand with it. 

Is there any logical system to which effect goes which switch? I cant see any and i find it quite unusable. If I have two instances of the same effect there is just no way of knowing what switch to press ?? 

Why wouldn't they just keep the effects that are assign to a switch in that position ? I know that there can be multiple effects on some swtiches, but this just seems weird . 

Does anybody know if there is a system at all or is it just random ? 

You can assign it to whichever order you like and rename and recolour each switch even if it is for two instances of the same effect

You need to spend a little bit of quality time with the manual my friend or any of the many many videos demonstrating how to assign footswitches

You can change almost everything to suit your self

The order goes: bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right, with bottom left having the first block you see on the screen (which goes top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, but parallel paths complicates things, see below). Pedal edit mode also includes split blocks that have parameters and the resulting mixer block. If there are more than ten blocks then the more switch moves to the next page and just continues on with the remaining blocks, using the same pattern indicated above.

Screen order:

1 - 2(split w/ params) * 3 - 4 * 7(merge) - 8
                       | 5 - 6 |

9 - 10, etc.

Scribble strip/switch order:

6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 more...

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
  • Upvote 1

I think I understand the question here.

I have a set order for my pedals (which is changing a little now) that I've been using for years on HD 500 that I still use with some adjustment on Helix (allowing for the two extra stomp switches I now have).

Always the same in every patch. The Helix won't create this system for you, but you can do it. Whenever I work on a new patch I basically run from one of my others as a template to get going quicker.