Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Freeset Friday video on The Helix Channel

sminchk67

Custom Tone is like the Wal-mart for presets. Sure there's some good stuff there, but not a lot of the people uploading their patches are putting in as much effort. He's making videos and at least he knows if someone wants the patch they'd probably like it and appreciate it. Not to mention he'll be setting up preset packages for purchase. I've enjoyed all the videos so far, but I think I liked the EQ vid the best. EQ'ing is something I struggle with...especially when there are multiple places to modify.

• Upvote 1

... I've enjoyed all the videos so far, but I think I liked the EQ vid the best. EQ'ing is something I struggle with...especially when there are multiple places to modify.

I've also enjoyed the videos, especially the one on EQ.  You can watch it on his YouTube channel here: 

• Upvote 1

When sharing patches, isn't context at the top for importance? You can describe what the patch is supposed to be and list the gear used on custom-tone, but that's really about it. Any audio context is missing!

Wouldn't it be something like trying to pick out your favorite IR without auditioning it?

When sharing patches, isn't context at the top for importance? You can describe what the patch is supposed to be and list the gear used on custom-tone, but that's really about it. Any audio context is missing!

Wouldn't it be something like trying to pick out your favorite IR without auditioning it?

That's easily solved by putting the youtube link in the description.