Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't install Variax USB Interface.

Can anyone help?  Just bought a JTV 69S, very happy with it but, I can not install the USB interface that came with it, so can't use Workbench..  Tried it on Windows 7 & Windows XP (both fresh installs), the driver for the interface will just not install.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Might be a firewall problem.  I have had trouble with line6 stuff.  The USB interface works fine on Windows7 on my PC.  You have to power the guitar with the battery by plugging in a 1/4 inch jack and turning the volume control up.  The USB interface won't power the Variax.

Thanks for the reply but, i already did everything you suggested before posting.  It's the Driver for the interface that is the problem, it refuses to finish it's installation.  I think the only other thing it might be is perhaps a faulty interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply but, i already did everything you suggested before posting.  It's the Driver for the interface that is the problem, it refuses to finish it's installation.  I think the only other thing it might be is perhaps a faulty interface.

Does the installation process show an error message? I don't remember the installation requiring the interface at all, anyone? Nor do I remember the interface requiring the installation before being lit green on the usb side, but that might actually be needed however. From what I gather from the other reply, is that connectivity to the Line 6 authentication services has been an issue during the installation process Edit:because of user-side firewall settings, but I don't have the installation requirements in front of me.

Edited by ZenBalancer