Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Live, Win 10 USB connection not working, lost amp packs too

I just dug out my XT Live from the box after a long break and plugged it in. First thing I notice, all the amps from the metal and classic amp packs are gone with message stating that when choosing a patch with one of them. The next thing I notice, no matter what, I cannot connect to my Win 10 via USB. It's just as if there is nothing at the end of the cable (tried two different cables too).

I updated Monkey and it says under Drivers: Installed, No - Newest 4.2.7.6

I tried installing them over and over but when it asks to plug in the USB cable, nothing happens. When I click next, it says installation complete but in Monkey still no driver.

I've tried directly to mainboard and through USB hub, same results. Any help? Is there a way to restore those amp packs without USB connection?

• 2 months later...

I've never heard of the Packs disappearing on their own unless a reflash was done. But there is a first time for everything.

You need to run the license manager to have the authorization for the XTL. When you purchased them they are linked to your account (except the FX junkie or maybe the power pack - one of those was included). So as long as you have your account info to prove you bought them things should go smooth on that side.

Now for your connection issues I don't have Win10 so all I can say is try searching the forums here and try a different usb cable and check the usb port on the unit for any physical damage (missing center block, bent wires, etc..).

Hi Pekka4 you should be able to restore your pod to factory settings

How do you do that?

I've owned a PODxt since 2003, and I still can't figure it out! :lol:

I've trawled through the manuals and have found references to factory resets, but nothing on how you actually perform a factory reset.

Back on topic, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and had a couple of issues with the USB cable. Unplug & then retry at both ends of the cable, if that doesn't work, try good old fashioned "wiggling" the USB connector (or buy a new cable).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi PEKKA4 sorry it took me so long to get back to you but this is out of the owners manual you can do it right on your pod.

COMPLETE FACTORY RECALL

If for any reason, or the sheer mad joy of it, you decide you need to reset your  POD XT's entire memory to it factory-programmed state, then boldly do this: Press the SAVE button once, the use the select knob to scroll to the factory recall page, press the SAVE button one more time and it resets your pod back to factory setting. Let me know if this works for you

Rick

Hi Sky bone this is how you restore your PodXT

COMPLETE FACTORY RECALL

If for any reason, or the sheer mad joy of it, you decide you need to reset your POD XT's entire memory to it

factory-programmed state, then boldly do this: Press the SAVE button once, the use the select knob to scroll to the

factory recall page, press the SAVE button one more time and it resets your pod back to factory setting. Let me know if this works for you

Rick

He had lost his authorization of the add-on amp packs which is odd. Either a firmware or an authorization error (assuming its not a hardware issue). The real hurdle will be for him to get it connected to his Win10 pc.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 11.4.2016 um 15:14 Uhr sagte Skybone:

Wie machst du das?

Ich besitze seit 2003 einen PODxt und komme immer noch nicht damit klar! :Lol:

Ich habe die Handbücher durchgesehen und Hinweise auf das Zurücksetzen auf die Werkseinstellungen, aber nichts darüber gefunden, wie man ein Zurücksetzen auf die Werkseinstellungen tatsächlich durchführt.

Zurück zum Thema: Ich habe kürzlich ein Upgrade auf Windows 10 durchgeführt und hatte ein paar Probleme mit dem USB-Kabel. Trennen Sie den Stecker und ziehen Sie ihn aus der Steckdose. Versuchen Sie es dann an beiden Enden des Kabels erneut. Wenn das nicht funktioniert, versuchen Sie es mit dem altmodischen „Wackeln“. den USB-Anschluss (oder kaufen Sie ein neues Kabel).

Hallo Freunde Musiker, das gleiche Problem habe ich auch. Ich hatte damals den POD XT live wegen der Variax Anschluss gekauft. Damals gab es den wesentlich teureren HD 500 als Alternative. 2017 hatte ich mir den Firehawk XT zugelegt. Bis vor drei Monaten hat es funktioniert. Ich habe einen Windows 10 Rechner und ein MacBook Pro. Es funktioniert bei beiden nicht mehr