Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 212 with acoustic

SA66

It will never sound as good as an FRFR amp, but you can use DTEdit to leave the Amp blank if you wish. You should still be able to use any of the reverbs. Unfortunately, the amps in the update for the POD has not been made available for the DTs, like the acoustic, but one of the Blackfaces or Solo 100 Clean or maybe even the Divide 9/15. The DT probably has 2.0 update, but if not you can find it as the "Download DT Firmware Installation Guide" on the following link: http://line6.com/dtv2update/

if i understood right, if there's no amp chosen in the Pod, the DT will use his standard preamp model wich depends on the selected voicing?

So a preset basing on "no amp selected" will sound different, depending on your former preselection on the DT.

Independent from the preamp model and the poweramp section, it will always be hard to get a ccoustic sound from an amp made for electric guitar as the speaker in such an amp is not made for neutral reproduction but für sound forming.

i made a quick and dirty measurement of the line6 celestion G12H90 from my DT25 Combo:

post-11061-0-82657600-1454617393_thumb.jpg

So there's a lot of midrange and just few bass and treble but both are needed für acoustic sounds more then für electric sounds. Other guitar speakers have a similar behaviour.

I found some pretty good acoustic sounds in the customtone database and they all base on the utilisation of lots of EQing to eliminate the guitar speakers character. And with a lot of WQing, there often come a lot of unwanted noise.

For the moment i feel therefore more comfotable to play my HD500 in a linear bass amp with tweeter (homemade combo with a markbass amp, a faital 15 FH500 and a Faital HF500 with tactrix horn ST500. Fore some sounds, HD+DT sounds still better to my ears, especially with a powersoak, but with a neutral amplification i'm more flexible and get easier the same sounds live and when recording ;)

In fact, for some things i'm to stupid for the line6 link (even if it's basically a great idea), so if i have a similar (linear) environment for both livesound and recording, the world is a bit more easy for me.

if i understood right, if there's no amp chosen in the Pod, the DT will use his standard preamp model wich depends on the selected voicing?

So a preset basing on "no amp selected" will sound different, depending on your former preselection on the DT.

If there is no amp selected in channel A in the POD the DT will default to its internal channel B amp model.  That's why in my patch I use an amp model to lock in the DT and set the power section configuration but its muted in the POD. All the acoustic tone runs through channel B in the POD and goes straight to the DT power section.

Hi radatats,

thanks for your explication but it confuses me a bit probably because english is'nt my language:

So you use an amp model in the HD (Fliptop in ypur proposed patch) and mute it. I think this means, that you switch it to "off" in HD500edit?

Now i would expect that the DT stays in channel A wich ist the standard channel for modelled amps coming from the POD, but you write that DT switches in this way to channel B witch is the channel used (as standard) when no amp model is programmed in the pod. So why the muted Fliptop, as, in the end, the result is the same?: Channel B on DT. Where ist the difference?

And when the DT has switched to channel B, does the resulting tone does'nt depend on the settings for topology, Pentode/Triode.... wich were last made manually on the DT?

Sorry for this perhaps dumb question and my confusion, but the routing in HD and DT is a kind of mystery to me :unsure: