Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving mytones locally with android app?

gusdeleon

Is this possible? If i log out of the app and use in offline mode, ask of my tones disappear. I have read you can save to your device, but can't seem to figure it out. Is this only for ios devices?

I have the latest app and firmware versions for fx100.

Thanks

You cannot access My Tones offline or while logged out because it needs your login info. Otherwise who is the 'me' to whom My Tones refers?

There is a 'Save to Hardware' option in the Save operation. By hardware it means your bluetooth-connected Line 6 device.

• Upvote 1

I have found you can have no WiFi or cellular connection but still access your My Tones, the catch is you have to be logged into the app.

For example, I can log into the app while I have a network connection, close the app, put my phone in airplane mode, reopen the app, and still access My Tones.

However, this is not reliable as occasionally the app will have you log back in, so if you need to log-in and you have no network...sol

But the best plan is to save to the hardware as mentioned by silverhead.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so you can only save to your hardware, not to your phone. All other multi effects pedals i have used before let you save locally, so was just checking.

I assume you have offline access to all 100 presets stored.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Yes, all 100 presets are stored on the pedal.

Are you certain about that?  I thought that the presets are stored in the Amplifi, and controlled through the pedal.  

What you're saying makes it sound as If I could take my pedal to another Amplifi, plug it in, and have all my presets.  I don't believe that is correct.

The FX100 is a stand alone pedal. You don't need to use an AMPLIFi amplifier with it. You can connect the pedal outputs to any sort of amplification system (e.g. studio speakers, mixer/PA, ...) - not just another AMPLIFi.  So, yes, the presets are stored on the pedal.

In fact, if you are running the FX100 output into the AMPLIFi Guitar input you are using two identical (and redundant) tone generation and storage systems. Make sure they aren't fighting with each other.

Now that is just funny. I can get to MyTones and load them while offline but I cannot save to MyTones offline. Strange.I wish they woiuld make where you can save to MyTones and then sync it to the cloud when you have a connection.