Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch Layout Fully Customizable? + Two Issues

ofriendoe

I'm looking to change the layout of the footswitches on the Helix. More specifically, i'd like the bank up and down to be located along the right side of the pedal and vice versa. Is this possible?

A couple of issues i've run into

I've run into an issue when setting the whammy pitch, where it defaults to +24 toe and -24 heel. No matter what i did editing wise, it would keep going back to that like it was a default setting. I'm not sure what i did to trigger it, but it's happened multiple times and i've had to leave the patch and start over to get it working properly.

The unit produces a mid pitched hum, much like a grounding issue. It changes in volume and tone when switching between different menu settings. I have a separate pedalboard with an M13 and 4 other pedals, and have never had this issue. I've plugged it into other outlets but to no avail.

The unit produces a mid pitched hum, much like a grounding issue. It changes in volume and tone when switching between different menu settings. I have a separate pedalboard with an M13 and 4 other pedals, and have never had this issue. I've plugged it into other outlets but to no avail.

Two things to check:

1. Try using the ground lift button on the back of the Helix.
  2. Make sure you are not plugged into a device that has its phantom power turned on.

Two things to check:

1. Try using the ground lift button on the back of the Helix.
  2. Make sure you are not plugged into a device that has its phantom power turned on.

OK, thanks. The ground lift button does nothing. I was assuming it was for the XLR output. Also, the Helix is plugged into an outlet that nothing else is plugged into it.

Hmm, sounds like a tricky problem. If you haven't already I would definitely start by swapping my guitar, amp, and any cables out as well as perhaps trying it with just headphones in an effort to isolate what is causing the issue and what outputs are involved.  Good luck, hopefully it is not a Helix hardware issue.

Sorry, but it's not clear to me from reading the first post in what configuration you're using the Helix when you're hearing the hum. What are you connected to and what outputs are you using when you hear it?