Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm back! Sold my AXEFX and bought a Helix

theweirdguy

Buy the Kemper and profile your own amp, so you will gig with the KPA alone, no amp at all.

Buy a good FRFR monitor or, even better, buy a Red Sound RS LG-12 to work with your KPA.

Don't excpect to use the KPA and the Mezzabarba togheter.

If you need some more advices with the KPA, join the "Kemper Amp Italia" facebook group, there you''ll find more advices

This is the right way for him, KPA rack and controller instead to carry his real super expensive amp.

Like many pro tour session guitarist do.

I totally agree.

From what Ive used and purchased for my Kemper, profiling your amp is a great idea, if you have the right mic's and know how to profile the amp correctly. Some do, but for many its more hit or miss. Go Listen to some purchased professional profile sites 1st to get a better idea. Just goto the Kemper forum for the links as there are many.

Anyway this is made using Helix.

Everything except drums (organ and bass too) it's played by myself using a Telecaster squier CV.

Directly in a notebook and all the effects are from Helix.

I'm not a virtuoso i know, it's not important, but Helix sounds...very good!

https://soundcloud.com/pearly-gates-66/funky-nights

• Upvote 1

Hello.  So I received my Helix Rack today from Sweetwater and I'm sorry to report that my experience with the loops has been a really positive one compared to yours.  This was the very first thing I tested as your post had me worried big time.  Having amps in the loops, or using the 4-cable method, is going to be my primary setup.

Mind you that I can only compare it to a Digitech GSP1101, 2120, Boss GT-3, 5, and 10.  The helix has to be the most transparent of all, closely followed by the GSP1101.  The others I listed don't even come close.  In one of the loops, I have a head switcher (Ampete Spyder which is the best switcher I've ever used!!!) and in the loops of the switcher I have a Mesa, Ceriatone, Diezel, and a Rhodes.  All sounded and felt the same with the Helix as it was with my previous setup.  I used the loop block instead of the send/return block...

I wouldn't say I'm a tone expert nor do I have perfect hearing.  But with what I'm doing with the Helix, I'm really happy with it!    Hopefully you can try a different Helix and have a better experience.  Maybe try the rack in the future...

Hello.  So I received my Helix Rack today from Sweetwater and I'm sorry to report that my experience with the loops has been a really positive one compared to yours.  This was the very first thing I tested as your post had me worried big time.  Having amps in the loops, or using the 4-cable method, is going to be my primary setup.

Mind you that I can only compare it to a Digitech GSP1101, 2120, Boss GT-3, 5, and 10.  The helix has to be the most transparent of all, closely followed by the GSP1101.  The others I listed don't even come close.  In one of the loops, I have a head switcher (Ampete Spyder which is the best switcher I've ever used!!!) and in the loops of the switcher I have a Mesa, Ceriatone, Diezel, and a Rhodes.  All sounded and felt the same with the Helix as it was with my previous setup.  I used the loop block instead of the send/return block...

I wouldn't say I'm a tone expert nor do I have perfect hearing.  But with what I'm doing with the Helix, I'm really happy with it!    Hopefully you can try a different Helix and have a better experience.  Maybe try the rack in the future...

I am very happy that it worked for you... 

I wish it would have worked for me :(  "is there a buffer in your Ampete Spyder  switcher?"

Wishing you continued success...