Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use expression pedal to pan between 2 amp models

paulisher

I tried this, did I do something wrong? I want the expression pedal to blend between two amp models not use a footswitch. As I remember, pan one amp 100% right and the other 100% left and use the expression pedal to pan between the two amp models. Just can't figure it out.

I tried this, did I do something wrong? I want the expression pedal to blend between two amp models not use a footswitch. As I remember, pan one amp 100% right and the other 100% left and use the expression pedal to pan between the two amp models. Just can't figure it out.

Three posts above yours.

Not sure this could be done stereo out, as I remember this was done with a stereo pan, one amp (expression pedal) toe up 100% and the other amp tow down 100%. The expression pedal blends the two amp models based on the pedal position.  Like using the expression pedal to increase or decrease gain but with two different amp flavors. I will try Tagmuse's suggestion and try the merge-block. Thanks all...    

http://line6.com/cus...e/tone/1759978/

I used the template to build this Jimmy Herring patch. Enjoy! 

I downloaded this patch and my Helix won't recognize it. I use a windows 8 computer and I tried to drag and drop the saved file into my pc Helix interface. It wouldn't import. Did I do something wrong or could this be a pc/mac thing??

I downloaded this patch and my Helix won't recognize it. I use a windows 8 computer and I tried to drag and drop the saved file into my pc Helix interface. It wouldn't import. Did I do something wrong or could this be a pc/mac thing??

You might want to try selecting the patch location you want to import to and then using the "Import" link to import the preset. That would at least eliminate drag & drop as the source of the problem. Be sure NOT to select "Import Setlist" or "Import Bundle" by accident, you just want the "Import" link.

Thanks HO I'll try that

Good luck, also make sure you are using the latest version of the Helix App 1.03 (not the firmware, the latest firmware version is 1.06).

Thanks again HO I did all that you suggested and it worked. Turns out I was using Helix ap 1.02. Also:

Since I got this to work I love it. Great job VXJOE. I learned a lot from this and I think it's real creative. The studio comp is essential to balance the levels of the two amp models. Nice! 

Thanks again HO I did all that you suggested and it worked. Turns out I was using Helix ap 1.02. Also:

Since I got this to work I love it. Great job VXJOE. I learned a lot from this and I think it's real creative. The studio comp is essential to balance the levels of the two amp models. Nice! 

Glad to hear it, cheers!  Btw, Jimmy Herring is one of my favorite guitarists.