Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic settings for the jtv 69 and hd500x

I have tried with no amp, using no effects to start with, watched a few videos my setup sounds nothing like the videos. Ran it through my JBL reference speakers and my Bose L1 pa. Just getting a lot of weird midrange overtones. Set my global eq settings low cut at 85 hz and high cut at 6500. Like the way the guitar plays might be just getting the right combination nailed down. Thanks for your comments all!

I tend to use a compressor, the Vintage preamp (in the EQ FX section) and a parametric EQ for the base tone. Then add a mild chorus, delay and reverb if desired.

Also note that the Tone knob on the JTV provides acoustic guitar body modelling, and can greatly affect the  'boominess' of the tone. And I find that different acoustic models on the JTV require significantly different EQ settings.

The easiest patch no amp, parametric eq,( focused around 500 hz -3db) gets rid of the boomy lows......A little reverb.....I have found if you try to add more gain using amps, fx you eventually will clip the sound as you play the guitar hard strumming, you can hear the distortion........However, once you remove the gain in the signal chain and use the mixer to add volume then you get accoustic clarity........in this case imho -------less is more.

jc

Ok found a good patch for acoustic figured out that I needed to set the hd 500x input to guitar and selected the globalsetting.Before that had guitar,aux, variax selected, this is where all the weird harsh overtones where coming from. Those overtones also affected my strat settings.