Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

podhd500 with fender blues junior amp

elvissideburns84

Hi :)

I'm planning on buying the pod machine soon, I wanted it sooner but will have to save more because it has gone up by 55 pounds in all the shops :/ does any one know why?

Anyway I have a fender blues junior amp, I have read that to get the best out of these effects machines to use the 4 cable method or that your amp needs a effects loop, My blues junior amp doesn't have this, it just has 1 input socket for the guitar lead.

Do you think I will need to invest in another amp to get the best out of the pod machine?

thanks all :)

• 2 years later...

Hi, elvissideburns84.

I'm currently using that setup: POD HD500x+Fender Blues Jr. It sounds awesome with a few teaks on the amp:

(You will have to experiment, but take this as a base)

Volume at 5-7, Middle 9-12, trebble 6, bass 4, no reverb, master at taste ( I use it at 2-3 for small gigs). Set up the volume of the pod below the 50% and you will be fine. Please, please, please turn the global eq off in your pod unit. 

It is probably too late for the answer, but, I hope it becomes useful for other people searching for this information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

hey i have an evh 100 watt head i love the sound it has for distortion but when i use m pdhd 500 i lose everthing from my head other that its power how do i switch my podhd500 to use its effects like delay  flanger ect,,,,,,,,but keep my amps distortion

On 4/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, Eriko77 said:

Hi, elvissideburns84.

I'm currently using that setup: POD HD500x+Fender Blues Jr. It sounds awesome with a few teaks on the amp:

(You will have to experiment, but take this as a base)

Volume at 5-7, Middle 9-12, trebble 6, bass 4, no reverb, master at taste ( I use it at 2-3 for small gigs). Set up the volume of the pod below the 50% and you will be fine. Please, please, please turn the global eq off in your pod unit. 

It is probably too late for the answer, but, I hope it becomes useful for other people searching for this information.