Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual Amp mode (HD500) with DT-25

jamesnlcc1

OK,

I'm new to using dual amps in the HD500 with a single DT-25.  When I enable two amps, the tone of the first amp DRASTICALLY changes, even if I haven't even selected another amp yet (the bottom amp is darkened and reads "disabled").

What happened to my sweet tone?

You can only use 1 type of power amp configuration from the DT, but you can use 2 different preamps (or even power amp models) on the HD. The model in path A (top in HD screen or HD edit graph) drives the DT power amp selection. Hope this is enough to get you going.

OK,

I'm new to using dual amps in the HD500 with a single DT-25.  When I enable two amps, the tone of the first amp DRASTICALLY changes, even if I haven't even selected another amp yet (the bottom amp is darkened and reads "disabled").

What happened to my sweet tone?

With the particular situation you just mentioned here.. The signal is still being ran through both of the amp blocks so the tone is being colored by the one that doesn't have a preamp selected. A neutral clean/dry signal is being added to whatever sound you are getting from the other amp.

With the particular situation you just mentioned here.. The signal is still being ran through both of the amp blocks so the tone is being colored by the one that doesn't have a preamp selected. A neutral clean/dry signal is being added to whatever sound you are getting from the other amp.

Take a look at the attached PDF and adjust the mixer so that you get a mix of path A and path B HD signals sent to the DT.

The intent of the PDF is a bit different (to control the DT power amp settings from the HD), but I think it will provide the insight you need to do anything the HD/DT combo can do without extra MIDI cabling or audio cabling other than Line 6 Link.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1