Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

best ways to boost sound?

Dazzer40

I think what I am look for is a ~Clean boost ,  When I play over a backing track there are parts in the song like the  solo parts  where I feel the sound gets washed out by the drums ect. so I need to boost the sound To get the guitar solo to stand out more .  Which are the best ways to boost the sound ?

DunedinDragon's suggestion is the one to try.  But something that helps me occasionally is a compressor right after the amp/cab.  Don't add too much compression as it can be very sensitive in this location.  It makes your quiet notes louder.  At least that's the effect.  I usually use the Tube Compressor but any of them will work.

...so I need to boost the sound To get the guitar solo to stand out more .  Which are the best ways to boost the sound ?

I use Studio EQ at end of chain with a boost in GAIN and assigned to FS1 (Stomp) for POD HD+ FBV. I do this for ALL patches. It works great for live when the set list is 'follow me' style.

all good tips above here..

another thing worth considering could be a smarter use of the volume pedal:

make your signal standard level adjustments based around half - 3/4 of the volume pedal coarse, so the full pressed pedal will become your booster..

still another different solution is (in case you don't need the FX LOOP to connect other equipments) to connect the FX LOOP SEND to the FX LOOP RETURN, and use the FX LOOP as a booster by tweaking its parameters and turning it on when the boost is required

What a great idea. I'm gonna try it