Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vetta II not saving user settings

dwd1953

I got my Vetta II around 2003. it's been a great amp but I stored it in the road case for two months during Christmas and just turned it on. now it does not store my user favorite setting anymore. every time I turn it off and on it goes back to factory settings. also the LED read out gets dim after about 30 minutes of playing. anyone have these kind of issues? 

There is a battery for the EPROM in the Vetta. Sounds like yours is dead. Check out this thread from the old forums: http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/26537/

It looks like it's not necessarily easy to replace it on your own. If you aren't comfortable messing with it, I'd contact a service center.

• Upvote 1

I do not recommend soldering to a battery and the heat is likely to shorten the life of the battery or kill it outright. However you can replace the silly soldered in coin cell with some nice AA or AAA lithium cells mounted in a separate two cell battery holder that would be easy to locate and secure in the amp. I suggest taping the batteries in the holder so they don't jostle loose. That should make future battery replacement easier down the road while the increased capacity of the larger cells will last longer too. Just solder the wires from the holder to the connection points on the circuit board. 

I just replaced my battery today. took the old one to Batteries plus and they took the point connectors off the old one and attached them on the new one.

didn't use soldier. then I just re-soldiered it back to the board. all up and running.

the main display on my vetta II starts going dim after about 30 minutes. is this something that can be fixed or a line 6 part?

It probably can be fixed by a good technician. Line 6 parts are no more but it's likely a common electrical part that's causing the problem anyway. Could be a simple power supply issue, a loose connection somewhere or something like that.

Is it a LED or and LCD display issue? There is a temperature controlled LCD contrast voltage circuit that could be at fault if it's a LCD display going bad. There are also a couple of LCD contrast adjustments in the setup menu. See your user manual (Pilot's Manual) of how to get to and adjust it.   

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same dead battery issue.  Once I replaced it everything went back to normal and was communicating with Line 6 Edit.  Also, I have the V2.50 software uploaded as a .SYX file so you can no longer worry about using Monkey to get the software into your amp.

This is the firmware for V2.50 in .SYX format for the VETTA 2 amp head.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/647483512018911/