Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pitch Question

martymetz3

Hi,

One other minor thing I notice with my HD500 is when I have a high pitch shift (More than +12.0), I notice if I play a single not it sounds fine, but if I combine notes together or have one ringing then pluck another one or play a whole chord, sometimes it tends to make the sound "pixelated or digital." I don't know if the example of the sound I provide makes sense. Basically if I have a high octave setting and play more than one note, it tends to sound bad haha. Like I said, minor problem, not a big deal.

Thank you,

Marty

PS) You guys are the best!! Thanks for all the help!

This will require less resources than one voice.
Much less!

how would a polyphonic pitch shifter use less resources? it would probably eat up the extra available on X by being polyphonic. Its pretty hard to find a true polyphonic pitch shifter in a $500 modeler....some of the good polyphonic single pedals are over half of that price.

Try working "inside the box", so to speak.  Yes, its regretable that one can't play a chord and have the harmonizer yield a full chord.  Instead, try building a patch with two octaves (one +12, and one -12) and blend with the original.  I've made many "POG" type sounds with the PODHd500 that were very close to Joe Satriani's "Super Colossal".  Maybe add a little octoverb and you'll have a real thick sound.

Try working "inside the box", so to speak.  Yes, its regretable that one can't play a chord and have the harmonizer yield a full chord.  Instead, try building a patch with two octaves (one +12, and one -12) and blend with the original.  I've made many "POG" type sounds with the PODHd500 that were very close to Joe Satriani's "Super Colossal".  Maybe add a little octoverb and you'll have a real thick sound.

I agree. The key is the mix control. I think I have mine set around 40% on each. Throw on some nice reverb/delay combos and you have something workable. It would be nice to have POG emulation, but I'm not sure I believe we'll see that anytime soon. I would be quite surprised.