Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Simple Solution for Spillover & Lag issue

mileskb

While I don't personally have an issue with it, and I think there are workarounds, some folks, especially ones who play live seem to really have an issue and I have the solution.

Get TWO Helix units.  The easiest approach I can think of off the top of my head.. here goes.

1. Put Helix B into Helix A.  
  2. Use Helix A as the Master.
  3. As applicable have Helix B switch to the patch that is an issue when you set the Helix A patch.

Now there are SEVERAL ways to do this.  Helix B could come into a RETURN or probably better to have it come in via Digital.

There are several options for clean transition with spillover involving and depending on how you bring the signal from Helix B into Helix A and your specific needs.

And.... value added...  As you are playing live, you have your "backup" unit on the stage.  In a pinch, you just use one of them.

Problem solved.   

And at only twice the price! You work in gov't? ;)

Well considering what it would cost to come up with the gear it would take to replace the Helix, referring to just the few effects and such I use, I think that's a bargain and if it was my money-maker, I'd have two anyway.  Why not put it to use.  I had two rigs back in the 80's and just the amps cost more than a Helix today. I know a lot of folks think the Helix is expensive, against the choices out there, based on sound and quality, and certainly compared to buying even one set of "reverb, chorus, distortion, amp, cab, switching, cables etc...." of the quality in the Helix,  I think it's a bargain.