Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69 Acoustic dropped to Eb without reason during gig?

Hi,

I had something very strange happen during a gig last night. JTV connected through VDI to HD500x. I have a patch for acoustic that triggers the acoustic model on the Variax.

I engaged it and started playing the song only to realize it was tuned to Eb!!! I swapped patches, swapped ariax and models and even changed the tuning dial but it was suck in Eb......

I played the rest of the set using mags and during i unplugged everything and all went back to normal.

Anyone else have this experience before?

I check the variax settings on the pod and tunings were not forced so it must have just been the JTV acting up?

I once had the same hiccup, but in reverse. I was using the Eb alt tuning, and for no apparent reason, the guitar decided it would rather revert to standard tuning. At first it thought it was me being sloppy, but it wasn't. And I wasn't changing patches at the time, so I couldn't even blame it on the POD being set wrong. These things have a mind of their own sometimes. Fortunately it was at a rehearsal, not in front of an audience...hasn't happened since.

"hasn't happened since." provides me with a reasonable level of comfort, thanks :)

Yeah, it was months ago. One and done, hopefully...

The only annoying glitch that I have (chronic, but it comes and goes) is occasionally I'll roll the volume all the way off, and after a period of time (which can range from just a few seconds to several minutes if I set in on a stand for a bit) the volume will crank back to 100%, without touching the knob at all.

Sometimes I can reproduce the symptom at will, sometimes not at all. These guitars are weird...

The 2.0 firmware for the JTV included a Blood Alcohol Sensor. When it senses that you are too wasted to sing in a key, it drops the tuning down. Since it only went down a half step, you probably weren't too drunk. ;-)

Next version is just gonna shut everything off if you suck...it's tentatively called AMP, "auditory mercy protocol". ;)

---Make sure the 500X patch edit for Variax presets is not in "Force" mode,

where you are changing guitar Models from the 500X.

---Make sure the screws holding in the 5-Way switch and the Alt Tune knob

are screwed in torqued and tight (not too tight).

---Check to see if the Volume and Tone controls are loose. If they are, then

carefully bring up the knobs and gently torque down the nuts holding in the

control potentiometers, then put the knobs back on.

---If all that doesn't do it, then there is something deeper causing intermittent 

functioning, then it need to be taken to a factory authorized service technician.

Feature request: GFG - Guitar Face Generator. A new feature available via Firehawk/Helix that can be added to any boost or stomp switch. When you stomp on it, the JTV will apply a random voltage directly to the strings causing awesome facial contortions.

Feature request: GFG - Guitar Face Generator. A new feature available via Firehawk/Helix that can be added to any boost or stomp switch. When you stomp on it, the JTV will apply a random voltage directly to the strings causing awesome facial contortions.

Lol..."guitar face" without the ability to play a single note. Excellent...