Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Considering a SpiderJam 75. Thoughts?

Hawkscoach44

Greatest amp in the world. Some artificial presets, other simply incredible. Line 6 (Yamaha) don't develop any new firmware since 8 years ago. I have that amp with FBV Shortboard MkII and works fine, although it could be more useful. There are not files with presets, you have to setup and save each sound. Check my posts and you'll find the list of every preset. Buy it!

I'm also going to purchase the FBV Shortboard MKII and that does require firmware updates, correct?

They both should get updated when you get them. Go to the knowledge base about the Spider Jam and the FBV and learn what you need to do to. First you should check to see if they've already been updated the knowledge base will tell you. It's pretty easy.

You will need an SD Card for the Spider Jam to do the update.and to record and store.

I've been using mine since 2008 and it still sounds great. I use it along side my HD500 quite a bit.

Knowledge Base links:

​

FBV

Spider Jam

Thanks for your help Brazzy! I knew there had to be updates on both. I will look at those knowledge base links and check it out. I've been torn between purchasing the SpiderJam, the Spider IV, or one of the Amplifi models and I am trying to collect as much info as possible before purchasing. Thanks again!

Thanks for your help Brazzy! I knew there had to be updates on both. I will look at those knowledge base links and check it out. I've been torn between purchasing the SpiderJam, the Spider IV, or one of the Amplifi models and I am trying to collect as much info as possible before purchasing. Thanks again!

No Prob, I've got the Spider III for someone as a gift and that thing is blasting today. I've never had the opportunity to use an Ampifi.

What I like to do is run my Spider Jam's headphone out into a Beat Buddy with an insert cable and the Beat Buddy L&R outs into the FX Return of the HD500. This way I can pipe in the Spider Jam's drums, mic and amp models into the HD500 if I need to.

Good Luck with your Amp Huntin'.

Buy it , you wont be disappointed. Iv'e used it live at a wedding reception and it was loud enough to keep up with drummer bass player and extra loud lead guitarist with a Fender Deluxe 60W tube amp. Only thing that iv'e noticed recently is that the volume control between 0-2 isnt as loud as it used to be, but beyond that its fine.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1) You should format it in the recommended FAT.

2) Thou shalt not write the titels of tunes with simbols: " ' ? / # * + % & $ etc.etc.

3) Number them from 001- to 100-

4) Safe the tunes inside a file named: LINE6 into the SDCard. Otherwise it will not open the file.

5) And so on...

• Upvote 1