Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Online Helix Reference Guide for Models

jshimkoski

Hey guys,

I wanted a place to visit that listed all of the models inside the Helix as well as the product each of them were based on. I couldn't find anything on the web so I made something:

http://helixhelp.com

The site is current with firmware 1.06.0 and I'll continue to update it and add features as time progresses.

I'm not affiliated or associated with Line 6 or any of the products modeled by them. This is just a fan site.

I hope you find it convenient and useful.

• Upvote 23

Hey guys,

I wanted a place to visit that listed all of the models inside the Helix as well as the product each of them were based on. I couldn't find anything on the web so I made something:

The site is current with firmware 1.06.0 and I'll continue to update it and add features as time progresses.

I'm not affiliated or associated with Line 6 or any of the products modeled by them. This is just a fan site.

+1 Well done! The description of the parameters for each category when you scroll all the way down is awesome! For folks who have been looking for a description of the sag, hum, ripple, bias, and bias X settings under the amp settings make sure you scroll all the way down in the amp section. One enhancement you may want to consider is adding links in the "Based On" column to the original documentation (where available) for each amp and effect.

+1 Well done! The description of the parameters for each category when you scroll all the way down is awesome! For folks who have been looking for a description of the sag, hum, ripple, bias, and bias X settings under the amp settings make sure you scroll all the way down in the amp section. One enhancement you may want to consider is adding links in the "Based On" column to the original documentation (where available) for each amp and effect.

I can think of one more enhancement to this that would be great (depending on how much time you want to spend on this thing (you need time to practice and program your Helix  :P ). Add a "Parameter" column with a link that explains what each parameter in an amp/FX does. At least for the less obvious ones.

Great idea. I've updated most of the effects. Will work my way through the amps, cabs, mics, and wah pedals when I get a bit more time.

• Upvote 2

Great idea. I've updated most of the effects. Will work my way through the amps, cabs, mics, and wah pedals when I get a bit more time.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks, looks great!

Hey guys,

The link to this documentation (if it is kept up to date) should be pinned by Line6. It is extremely easy to navigate and very helpful.

I've updated the amps, mics, and wahs with links to manuals (where I could find them) or other information.

If anyone comes across a dead link or if you have a resource/link to a manual that would be a better fit for a model (or you can provide a link for one of the missing ones), please let me know.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Excellent! I really miss the old POD era manuals with pictures and long descriptions of each model and examples of usage and such.

Funny that you mention this as I actually have something like this planned for each model on helixhelp.com.

I'm also looking into opening up the editing of pages to other people so we can really get things going as a community.

• Upvote 2

Hey guys,

Very

Thank you for doing this.

Today, I made a very minor adjustment to the home page of Helix Help stating that the site is up-to-date with the latest firmware version 1.06.5.

It looks like no models were changed or added during this update so no further updates have been made to Helix Help.

Thanks!

Great!  The only thing that could make it better would be to add links to reference clips of the originals like in this thread:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/resource-videos-for-all-helix-guitar-amps.1673455/#post-21438036

What do you think?

Great idea. I'll add links to the videos as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully, they'll be there before the end of the week.

I'll keep you posted.

It would also be great if you listed all the various reset options such as FS 9 & 10 for resetting all patches,global, and IR settings, etc.

Dave

Here's a list of those I've gathered, pretty sure they are all correct:

2:       LED light Fun
5 & 6:   global reset
7 & 8:   reset setlists to factory, keep IRs
8 & 9:   reset setlists to factory, clear IRs
9 & 10:  reset setlists to factory, global reset, clear IRs
10 & 11: upgrades existing presets to latest format
11 & 12: clear current preset
5 & 12:  clear setlists, clear IRs, return system settings to default
6 & 12:  safe boot mode

• Upvote 3

Here's a list of those I've gathered, pretty sure they are all correct:

2:       LED light Fun
5 & 6:   global reset
7 & 8:   reset setlists to factory, keep IRs
8 & 9:   reset setlists to factory, clear IRs
9 & 10:  reset setlists to factory, global reset, clear IRs
10 & 11: upgrades existing presets to latest format
11 & 12: clear current preset
5 & 12:  clear setlists, clear IRs, return system settings to default
6 & 12:  safe boot mode

A new section has been added to Helix Help entitled "Reset Options". These options are now listed there. Please let me know if anything seems wrong.

• Upvote 3

Thanks duncann for the reset listing and jshimkoski for adding it to your help site. I know I had to dig through TPG and the L6 Helix forum a few times to find it. It'll be much easier to find in your online Help when I forget it again... Cool.

Dave

Great!  The only thing that could make it better would be to add links to reference clips of the originals like in this thread:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/resource-videos-for-all-helix-guitar-amps.1673455/#post-21438036

What do you think?

Just wanted to give an update on this. I've begun adding the reference videos to Helix Help. It'll take a bit of time to get every model updated though.

• Upvote 1