Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 Acoustic Problem / Buzz

Hallo everybody, I hope for some help here...

I have a variax 700 blue trem, with the latest firmware,graphtech piezos, and elixir 10's strings.

Suddenly (after instaling the new strings) I notice that the acoustic models have a strange buzz, like a fret buzz.... am not sure what is going, and at the electric models doesn't appear this buzz.. Please help!

I just got the JTV-89 and I notice buzz on the E, A, and D strings on the acoustic models.  I changed to 11's and eq'd the high end and it helped.  Fingerpicking seems ok, but  slashing a chord still has some buzz..

Update:  I adjusted the neck, loosening the truss rod 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn.  That fixed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope so..I am afraid maybe the graph teck that  change are mulfuctioning... :( but thakns for the help everybody.I will continue my research and try to fix it..I will come back on this if something changes.

Have you tried adjusting the string volume in workbench some more? Individual string volume, that is.

The acoustic sounds are probably the closest sound you'll get to the raw piezo input.

Is there any buzzing when you listen to the strings directly without plugging in your guitar?

• 1 year later...

hi…..

My acoustics guitars from my james taylor variax 69…sounds old…..like no quality at all

this happened to me whit 3 or 4 variax I owned before……Ones I replaced the main board, and got fix…..

but its expensive….and I have already guaranty from store….but they said they ignore what my problem is….

anybody?