Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global Output Level !

mziach

• 4 years later...

I have same problem, input level to DAW (GarageBand) is very low, almost no registering on the volume line as recording.  Global output level even at +20 Db still seems too low.  I can adjust each output level on each patch but there are 1024 patches.  Why does the global output control not work correctly?

Probably something on the DAW side. I have no issues (using Reaper). If you start a preset from scratch, just put an amp/cab block in that preset, do you have the same issue? If so, is your input pad on in global settings?

I just started recording direct via USB > Reaper on laptop. I get plenty of signal.  Few things on my side:

1) I have the main output volume knob disabled to give max output level consistently (mainly live, recording is new and I thought I'd have to lower it to not overpower my input on laptop). 

2) to get a good level in my headphones I usually need to turn some channels/tracks up while recording for monitoring, but then playback is usually needing to be turned back down when mixing what I recorded. 

My guess is that you guys have the volume from the DAW turned down pretty low when you record, is that so? I have not found a way to dial the output volume to record into DAW and monitoring volume independently within the HX stomp so if you have a low volume on your daw, you will turn it down in the hx stomp to match the level in the daw, and that makes the recording level very low.