Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i use the RELAY TB516G with a G50? ...and how?

peternorthcote

Hi there,

The TB516G transmitter is only compatible with Relay G70/G75 generation wireless.

On the other hand though, I've had great experience in the field with our premium TA4 cable from Mogami (also available in a right angle):

store.line6.com/accessories/cables/premium-straight-ta4f-cable.html 

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Single biggest problem with the relay system. The transmitters invariably fail. Line 6 knows this full well. Why do you think the transmitter cost so much to replace? I have 3 receivers and 3 transmitters where all 3 receivers work fine, and only 1 transmitter is working ok. I had to buy used sets just to get another transmitter. (it was just a little more than buying a new TPB12!) Hard to believe after so long and multiple generations the transmitters are still the weak link. Now the latest version which is on sale now for 149 is not compatible with the G50/G90??????!!! WTFF! Not good.

• 4 months later...

Line6 could you please confirm that the tb516g is or is not compatible with the g30/50/90 series?

I use the line6 g90 for some years now but the cable doesn't stay in the transmitter anymore.

The lock of the mini xlr is just worn out.

I need to change or repair my belt pack and replacing it with the bp516g has the advantage of a jack input that's on top of the transmitter.

The TB516G is NOT compatible with the G30/G50/G90 series.  The G70/G75 use a different radio, so the transmitters between the 2 generations are not interchangeable. 

I agree that the TA4 connectors are hard to repair, so I went with Mogami cable and if there's ever a problem Mogami will swap it out with a new one.  Most dealers don't stock the Mogami versions so I have a back up I can use while the Mogami is being replaced.

I also use Levy's "MM4" to hold the belt pack which lets me put the jack on either side I prefer.

https://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-MM4-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B00074B67A 

• 5 years later...