Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

GearBox on Mac OSX El Capitan

GutenTach

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got GearBox Version 3.72.0 working on El Capitan with my Tone Port UX2 with the following steps.

1. I did a clean install of El Capitan formatting the HDD and migrating user settings but NOT the applications from a Time Machine backup (of a Mavericks setup).

2. I installed the latest Tone Port drivers (Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver 7.5.7.dmg) and confirmed it worked with Garage Band.

3. Instead of running the GearBox setup which doesn't work, I recovered /Applications/Line6/GearBox.App from the Time Machine backup of Mavericks.

That's it. My old saved settings were intact too. I also installed Line6 Monkey but I don't think it was necessary.

And...there's no easier solution? This is my first Mac, I have OS X El Capitan, no older files or backups...I just want to record my voice!!! please!! 

All other features work well in garage band. Synths, guitars....But the mic doesn't work. I was reading about how to fix it and all the solutions given me to install gear box. Okay. I download it but...when I'm going to install it in my HDD...it says me that I can't install gearbox in this HDD....So I'm really f***d :(

• 2 weeks later...

Me too.  is there anybody who can download gearbox? 

I can't record analog sources at all.  

I set a main output and input with toneport ux8 but it couldn't record my voice.  

MIDI is okay. it runs very well.  it has problems with analog signal input only. (I use El capitan Logic x)

Is it my miscontrol? or  is gear box can not be run in El Capitan?

reply me plz

please update the drivers. it's ridiculous to have a hardware that becomes useless without its software that won't be difficult to update. i'm sure people would be willing to pay a small $10 cost for this too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

JUST DO THE FOLLOWING 

1.GO TO YOUR OLDER MAC'S > APPLICATIONS ( if you dont have old mac, then install in anyones old mac)

2.COPY LINE 6 FOLDER FROM APPLICTIONS

3.PASTE IN YOUR NEW MAC'S APPLICATIONS 

I DID THIS AND ITS WORKING FINE 

IM USING EL-CAPITAN 10.11.3 

worked for me. thank you 

gurudhanoaline6
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The solution is easy and doesn't require any additional computer, you can solve it directly in you own:

Step 1: Mount your dmg file double clicking on it.

27y5n2b.jpg

Step 2: Open the mounted file (as shown in 1 in the pic), then right click on the file GearBox.mpkg (as shown in 2 in the pic)

2duvzte.jpg

Step 3: Click in the option "Show the content of the file" (or something similar in english, my computer is in polish :) )

2le6z4w.jpg

Step 4: You will see a folder called "Contents" ( red 1 in the pic), inside it some file and among them the folder "Packages", open it, then you will see the installator files, double click on GearBox.pkg (red 2 in the pic) and voilá! you can install the program in your brand new mac.

2nm1xlf.jpg

Good luck and keep playing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

well this worked a treat!!! 

The solution is easy and doesn't require any additional computer, you can solve it directly in you own:

27y5n2b.jpg

Step 2: Open the mounted file (as shown in 1 in the pic), then right click on the file GearBox.mpkg (as shown in 2 in the pic)

2duvzte.jpg

Step 3: Click in the option "Show the content of the file" (or something similar in english, my computer is in polish :) )

2le6z4w.jpg

Step 4: You will see a folder called "Contents" ( red 1 in the pic), inside it some file and among them the folder "Packages", open it, then you will see the installator files, double click on GearBox.pkg (red 2 in the pic) and voilá! you can install the program in your brand new mac.

2nm1xlf.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

27y5n2b.jpg

2duvzte.jpg

2le6z4w.jpg

2nm1xlf.jpg

The problem is that when I try to mount (or open) this Gearbox 3.72.dmg it says "Image not recognized". So like what? :O I just downloaded it from Line6:s page. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do not even know why I write here, because it seems so as a Line6 independent chat surface, as Line6 does not provide any support here. But I give a try.  

I had no big issue with Gearbox on OSX El Capitan, but on Sierra it does not seem to work. Install process of Gearbox 3.72 goes until "Destination select" but when I chose the one and only disk I have (SSD) then it writes "Gearbox can't be installed on this disk".

So, Huston, we have a problem. Is there anybody out there?

Or shall we just leave the space shuttle and sell all Line6 equipment we have???

• 2 weeks later...

Using the Above instructions I can load GearBox on Sierra, using audio driver 7.6.5, will work with Logic Pro but not with GearBox. I can get all the presets from my POD X3 into Gearbox Hardware Memory window, but cannot edit them in any way - No amps, cabinets etc. The audio driver inside GearBox 3.72 did not work with anything.

Any suggestions ?

• 3 weeks later...

How to make gearbox work now that it is installed on macbook running osx?

How to get my ux-1 to play guitar through garageband?

Thanks to Manchatz2 I have my gearbox installed on my macbook running OSX El Capital v10.11.  My problem is that I am trying to use my line6 UX-1 as a guitar interface to garageband 10.1.3 on my macbook and it won't work. I have used it successfully with my windows 8 notebook running Reason software but I find garageband very appealing (finally a great-sounding drumset that's easy to use!) so I want to try to record my guitar using gb and my ux-1.

Firstly I should say that just starting gearbox and plugging my guitar into the ux-1, I should be able to hear myself play using my headphones plugged directly into the ux-1 like I am able to do with my windows notebook but it does not work on my macbook, so maybe that is part of the problem.

I have the latest drivers from line6 installed (newest is from 2016, the 7.6.5) and my monkey says everything is now up to date. 

When I set up the gearbox and ux-1 and open garageband, I go into preferences>audio and select ux1 as the input and output. And I have tried all variations to this selection as well, but i never get any guitar sound.

Does anyone have any ideas for either problem?

Hi, 

I'm am trying to use my Tone Port ux2  Line 6 interface with logic Pro X. My system is mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67) I'm trying to  record audio (Acoustic guitar and vox. But I just can't get it to respond??? Is there anything I can download to correct this issue ???  

Really appreciate any advise! help !!

Thanks,

Ben.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

27y5n2b.jpg

2duvzte.jpg

2le6z4w.jpg

2nm1xlf.jpg

this worked fine for me only took a couple of minutes I am running El Capitan

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

manchatz2!!! You are my Hero !  It actually worked -  Thank you so much for this information!

You do have to go back into your security and click allow, as apple still says its from an unlicensed developer, but as long as you do what manchatz2 says then it works, I'm running OS X Sierra 10.12.3.

Hello to all,
in advance I'm sorry for my bad English.
However, I was able to install Gearbox as indicated above (thanks) but when the program gives me the following message "Ignoring connection to POD X3 - This device has an incompatible driver installed." So Gear box starts, you see the windows but not talks to the POD X3, I can not change anything I set ... Does anyone have any solution? Thank you!
Gearbox: ver. 3.72
Drivers: ver. 7.6.7

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is perhaps a slightly more clear set of installation instructions for GearBox 7.2 on Mac OS X El Capitan.

1. After you download the .dmg file, double-click on it. If you go through the steps, eventually, you will see that your hard drive is not usable for this installation,

as several people noted. Do not despair.

2. On your desktop you will see a GearBox disc, right-click on it and open in Finder.

3. From this point on the instructions that were posted previously (by a Polish user) are easy to follow. Right-click on the package and click on Show Package Contents, then go to the GearBox file and install just that one. Then the program will execute the installation of the GearBox application.

Note, that this just installs the application. Then you can try to get your hardware to work with the application. Other people have posted here on those other issues, as they encountered them. Good luck!

Hello Line 6 staff and equipment users,

While following instructions above it is possible to install GearBox 7.2 on Mac running OS X Ei Capitan, there is still a major issue with GuitarPort. After installing the latest drivers, as recommended, GearBox recognizes GuitarPort, but all I get is the clean unmodified tone out of GuitaPort. All that works in terms of the software control is the volume knob and the bypass button. I have checked to make sure no other software is running on my Mac and that the Sound configured so that GuitarPort is the input and output. Also, I cannot activate any presets, there is some error popping up. There is clearly still a problem.

Can you please help?

I did make my GuitarPort work on my Mac. The solution to my prior post was simple. 

1) Uninstall all Line 6 drivers and GearBox (follow instructions on a different webpage here for uninstallation on Mac);

2) Go to the Software download page on Line 6 website;

3) Choose GuitarPort and Mac OX;

4) Download the Line 6 Monkey;

5) Plug in your GuitarPort, as instructed;

6) Start Monkey and update the Firmware and Drivers from this interface, also register your hardware. At the end you should not see any exclamation points and have everything updated.

In the process you will be instructed to unplug and replug your GuitarPort;

After this was done, I started GearBox and my GuitarPort was working great! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...