GutenTach

GearBox on Mac OSX El Capitan

The solution is easy and doesn't require any additional computer, you can solve it directly in you own:

Step 1: Mount your dmg file double clicking on it.

27y5n2b.jpg

Step 2: Open the mounted file (as shown in 1 in the pic), then right click on the file GearBox.mpkg (as shown in 2 in the pic)

2duvzte.jpg

Step 3: Click in the option "Show the content of the file" (or something similar in english, my computer is in polish :) )

2le6z4w.jpg

Step 4: You will see a folder called "Contents" ( red 1 in the pic), inside it some file and among them the folder "Packages", open it, then you will see the installator files, double click on GearBox.pkg (red 2 in the pic) and voilá! you can install the program in your brand new mac.

2nm1xlf.jpg

Good luck and keep playing!

Thank You!!!

HI ALL!! Any idea to make it work with MacOS Sierra? I've already installed the GearBox, but when starting it says i have uncompatible drivers... Ive already updated it to 7.67 but not sure if this one is what I need.

Any idea will be very helpful, Im completely desperated.

thnks 

The solution is easy and doesn't require any additional computer, you can solve it directly in you own:

27y5n2b.jpg

Step 2: Open the mounted file (as shown in 1 in the pic), then right click on the file GearBox.mpkg (as shown in 2 in the pic)

2duvzte.jpg

Step 3: Click in the option "Show the content of the file" (or something similar in english, my computer is in polish :) )

2le6z4w.jpg

Step 4: You will see a folder called "Contents" ( red 1 in the pic), inside it some file and among them the folder "Packages", open it, then you will see the installator files, double click on GearBox.pkg (red 2 in the pic) and voilá! you can install the program in your brand new mac.

2nm1xlf.jpg

THANKS MAN

27y5n2b.jpg

2duvzte.jpg

2le6z4w.jpg

2nm1xlf.jpg

Dude! thanks a lot!

27y5n2b.jpg

2duvzte.jpg

2le6z4w.jpg

2nm1xlf.jpg

You're a genius! Thank you!

this worked fine for me only took a couple of minutes I am running El Capitan

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Running Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

over the past few days I have been able to install an older driver, the most recent driver, and GearBox.  But half the time when I'm trying to install I see an exclamation point over my hard drive when it asks to select a volume.  Right now I have Gearbox installed but no driver and any driver I attempt to install doesn't let me because I can't select the volume.  Any idea how I can get it to allow me to select the volume?  I'm using a mac with Sierra.

MacOS - High Sierra 10.13.4 - Working - How-to 

I was able to get this running but took a combination of instructions in this post and downloading drivers separately. 

1. Log into your line6.com account. Download GearBox 3.72 .dmg file
2. Double click on the GearBox 3.72 .dmg file
3. Double click on the Gearbox icon
4. Right-click on the GearBox.mpkg icon
5. Choose Show Package Contents 
6. Visit Contents -> Packages 
7. Install all of those .pkg files. I had to allow each installation by visiting System Preferences -> Security -> Allow apps
8. Log into line6.com and visit the Downloads page: https://line6.com/software/
9. Choose Products: GuitarPort 
10. All software: Drivers 
11. Mac OS X for OS
12. Click Go
-- This next step I did but not sure if it helped or not --
13. Download and install "Version 7.6.7"
-- After restart, GearBox loads but does not recognize GuitarPort --
14. Go back to step 8 - 12
-- After downloading and installing the next drivers it worked! --
15. Download and install "Version 7.6.4" "This update adds support for macOS 10.12 Sierra."
-- Afer a restart and opening up GearBox it gave me an error about updating firmware -- I ignored that and it worked! I was able to hear guitar and works in Garageband as well (after telling GarageBand that I wanted my input to be the GuitarPort and my output to be GuitarPort - I then use headphones out of the GuitarPort for monitoring)

Good luck!

This worked for me. Thank you! 

And Line 6, I get you are wanting people to get your newer product, but making your previous product difficult to keep using diminishes my trust in your company and business overall. I currently will not be buying any more of your products until someone assures me of a new business model you adopt, taking care of previously loyal customers.

Gearbox is not working on Mojave OS, does anyone know how to fix that problem?

Hi folks.

I'll share what I did. It worked for me. I hope help you guys:

The last driver that works for GearBox is the Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver 7.2.9, but when you try to install into El Capitan, you can't since it is an older version, so you need to force the system to install it.

I use this software" Pacifist

https://www.charlessoft.com/

After that, every thing worked fine.

I hope help you guys. Blessings.

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 8.51.22 PM.png

Actually, the solution for me was simpler than what's suggested in this topic, and it is actually in another thread in this site: