Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Show us your synth (or weird) patches

tagmusenmagnus1

This is just a thread to share all of your weird/original/lollipopedup sounds that are fun to fool around with in this devil. 

I created this synth patches that I am pretty thrilled with! You can just sit mesmerized for hours - MAGIC! 
But i will admit that it is not at all as mesmerizing when not playing your self, cause it just sound like a synth :) 

https://youtu.be/qGS5pMxQm3g

Show us what you have come up with - There are literally tons of possibilities in this little devil! :) 

• Upvote 1

Not necessarily the same thing, but I love using the Helix with my synths, both recording and live. The delays and the reverbs sound great. Here's a little EDM piece I made over the weekend. The acoustic was recorded using the Sonic Port VX, btw.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-miller-20/earwerm

• Upvote 1

And here is a quick demo video of my Helix & GR-55 (yep..., I know.. Just starting to do these videos, so please no rotten tomatos :-)) I love to mix ambient wide spacy sounds with fusion-like guitars... 

https://youtu.be/2LnQSKkd01g

That's sounds amazing :) 

What is your connect configuration between the Helix and the GR-55 (I also have both of them)?

• Upvote 1

That's sounds amazing :)

What is your connect configuration between the Helix and the GR-55 (I also have both of them)?

Thanks for listening! 

Normally I connect my gr55 via the stereo line outs from the gr to the return3/4 of the Helix and I go guitar out gr, to guitar in Helix. This time I went guitar in Helix directly from my guitar, as I had to use the piezzo out too! I use 3 sounds in the first patch.., synth, magnetic and piezzo. I can easilly do that with my godin lgxt, but i'm tied to my boards with 3 cables ;-)

Both machines are linked with midi out from Helix to Midi in on GR. Every Helix patch that uses GR sends a CC message to the GR to go to the right patch. Be sure to not send Helix PC messages, turned off in globalmsettings.. That's it... And just jamm after and do my usual studio work (mix, produce etc..) 

I didn't use much after processing on guitar patches in my DAW, just mixing and mastering.

And here is a quick demo video of my Helix & GR-55 (yep..., I know.. Just starting to do these videos, so please no rotten tomatos :-)) I love to mix ambient wide spacy sounds with fusion-like guitars... 

I really like the style of this. There's a lot of really creative stuff going on here. Little bit rough around the edges, but other than that, really nice.

• Upvote 1

I really like the style of this. There's a lot of really creative stuff going on here. Little bit rough around the edges, but other than that, really nice.

Thank you Duncann, for listening and your critics. Much appreciated :-)

Thanks for listening! 

Normally I connect my gr55 via the stereo line outs from the gr to the return3/4 of the Helix and I go guitar out gr, to guitar in Helix. This time I went guitar in Helix directly from my guitar, as I had to use the piezzo out too! I use 3 sounds in the first patch.., synth, magnetic and piezzo. I can easilly do that with my godin lgxt, but i'm tied to my boards with 3 cables ;-)

Both machines are linked with midi out from Helix to Midi in on GR. Every Helix patch that uses GR sends a CC message to the GR to go to the right patch. Be sure to not send Helix PC messages, turned off in globalmsettings.. That's it... And just jamm after and do my usual studio work (mix, produce etc..) 

I didn't use much after processing on guitar patches in my DAW, just mixing and mastering.

Thank you for the detailed info :)

• Upvote 1

Really diggin' the sounds! Just ordered my Helix tonight, to replace a stolen Axe-FX. I loved the ambient sounds in the Fractal processor, and will probably get another one eventually, but for now i'm looking forward to creating voices like this with Helix.

Really diggin' the sounds! Just ordered my Helix tonight, to replace a stolen Axe-FX. I loved the ambient sounds in the Fractal processor, and will probably get another one eventually, but for now i'm looking forward to creating voices like this with Helix.

You'll not regret it Nigel. Helix is so cool, you'll love it!! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...