Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nou hum parameter for the electric ?

arislaf

Elektrik is an old Line 6 amp ported over from the early HD stuff if I remember, and I don't think any of the L6 original amps have all the DEP parameters. Just the nature of a "made up" amp model.

Thanks for clarifying, gunpointmetal. Indeed, it seems to me that since there isn't a real one to model and the original didn't have a Hum parameter in the first place, it stands to reason that the Helix version won't have one either.

Elektrik is an old Line 6 amp ported over from the early HD stuff if I remember, and I don't think any of the L6 original amps have all the DEP parameters. Just the nature of a "made up" amp model.

Thanks for clarifying, gunpointmetal. Indeed, it seems to me that since there isn't a real one to model and the original didn't have a Hum parameter in the first place, it stands to reason that the Helix version won't have one either.

No mates, electric has a hum setting on pod HD and pod 500, (at least I own these 2 units) and that is the reason that it seems very strange that it doesn't has a hum. Any expert to chime in?

Isn't the Line 6 Electric what the Bomber Uber (Bogner Uberschall) originally was in the HD? I remember them redoing the first incarnation of this amp, but they kept the old one and called it the Electric? Or am I thinking of the Line 6 Epic? If it is the Line 6 Electric, there is indeed a real version of this amp, the Bogner Uberschall.

Edit: I think I'm correct on this because if you look at the German Ubersonic on Helix, it's also missing the Hum parameter!

• Upvote 1