Sign in to follow this  
arislaf

Nou hum parameter for the electric ?

Is what a bug?

That there is not a hum parameter for electric.

Elektrik is an old Line 6 amp ported over from the early HD stuff if I remember, and I don't think any of the L6 original amps have all the DEP parameters. Just the nature of a "made up" amp model.

• Upvote 1

Elektrik is an old Line 6 amp ported over from the early HD stuff if I remember, and I don't think any of the L6 original amps have all the DEP parameters. Just the nature of a "made up" amp model.

Thanks for clarifying, gunpointmetal. Indeed, it seems to me that since there isn't a real one to model and the original didn't have a Hum parameter in the first place, it stands to reason that the Helix version won't have one either.

Thanks for clarifying, gunpointmetal. Indeed, it seems to me that since there isn't a real one to model and the original didn't have a Hum parameter in the first place, it stands to reason that the Helix version won't have one either.

No mates, electric has a hum setting on pod HD and pod 500, (at least I own these 2 units) and that is the reason that it seems very strange that it doesn't has a hum. Any expert to chime in?

No mates, electric has a hum setting on pod HD and pod 500, (at least I own these 2 units) and that is the reason that it seems very strange that it doesn't has a hum. Any expert to chime in?

Maybe it's an oversight?

I never used it on my HD500X. I know that a lot of the L6-baked amps didn't have 'em. It's lower mid-range never played well with my super downtuned guitars.

Maybe it's an oversight?

Could be! Thanks for the interest mate. I will set it on the bugs topic

Isn't the Line 6 Electric what the Bomber Uber (Bogner Uberschall) originally was in the HD? I remember them redoing the first incarnation of this amp, but they kept the old one and called it the Electric? Or am I thinking of the Line 6 Epic? If it is the Line 6 Electric, there is indeed a real version of this amp, the Bogner Uberschall.

Edit: I think I'm correct on this because if you look at the German Ubersonic on Helix, it's also missing the Hum parameter!

• Upvote 1